T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i am to curious to know if the same vinyl used for windows used for boats? In my case i am using a us cutter laserpoint 24" with GREENSTAR VINYL. Is their a special vinyl i need to purchase?
Is the vinyl applied the same way or does it go a special way? And my last question is, " IF IT IS A PENSTRIP DESIGN ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE BOAT AT 15FT. LONG, HOW WOULD I APPLY THAT. CAN I DO IT IN PIECES OR HOW? WOULD MY LASERPOINT BE ABLE TO HANDLE THE JOB AND HOW MUCH WOULD I CHARGE? HE WANTS A ESTIMATE ON JUST THE DECAL ALONE AND EST. WITH DECAL AND LABOR TO APPLY?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the decal would be a penstripe. maybe 2 colors. and at the back end of it have like a wave or something small.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Hello all, i am to curious to know if the same vinyl used for windows used for boats? In my case i am using a us cutter laserpoint 24" with GREENSTAR VINYL. Is their a special vinyl i need to purchase?
Is the vinyl applied the same way or does it go a special way? And my last question is, " IF IT IS A PENSTRIP DESIGN ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE BOAT AT 15FT. LONG, HOW WOULD I APPLY THAT. CAN I DO IT IN PIECES OR HOW? WOULD MY LASERPOINT BE ABLE TO HANDLE THE JOB AND HOW MUCH WOULD I CHARGE? HE WANTS A ESTIMATE ON JUST THE DECAL ALONE AND EST. WITH DECAL AND LABOR TO APPLY?
To your first question...yes there is marine grade vinyl.
2nd question....yes applied the same way as any other vinyl.
Question #3 yes it could be done in segments or all one piece (depends on your ability)
Question #4.....I have no experience with your cutter but see no reason why it couldn't do it if setup correctly and running correctly.
Question #5....depends on your market, the cost of suppiles, really too many variables for someone to tell you what they would charge, you'll just have to figure your costs and how much profit you need to make.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Thanks for the advice. Would you happen to know what vinyl it is to use for this job.
I believe you can use any premium cast vinyl that has permanent adhesive but a quick Google search turned up
Oracal 751C, Avery UC900 or 3M 7125, I would check with whoever you buy your vinyl from because some manufactures will not warranty some films if applied to boats in certain conditions (like salt water vs fresh water), always best to check with your vendor for their recommendations.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok. thanks. i use the greenstart 5 yr calendared vinyl from us cutters. i will get with them and see what they recommend

1 - 6 of 6 Posts