T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

So far i have only ever used my cutter & heatpress for textile application on to garments.

However i have been asked to supply some conference shoulder bags for a client but the ones best suited are made of PVC material...Am i right in thinking, if i was to place textile vinyl onto these bags and apply with a heatpress the material would burn?

There which would the best vinyl be to use on this if any. I know there is a vinyl out there that can be applied to large trucks that have outer PVC material but i don't know how this would appear on the PVC bags as they appear to be quite a glossy & shiny PVC. I also want a very thin vinyl that can hardly be felt when touching the surface of the PVC, so it looks like it has almost been screen printed. Is there one out there that works best? I am from the UK, so we get different vinyl to those supplied in the US.

Can anyone tell me which vinyl would work best if any...also apart from screen printing would any other methods of print work on a black PVC bag?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks for the reply,

I have a resonably good large format ink jet printer, vinyl cutter, and heat press and really wanted to get the job done in house with the materials i already have. There are a variation of prints going onto these bags & it wouldn't be economical to farm the work out to a screen printer due to the price i'm paying for the bags!

I just hoping there might be some sort of long lasting thin vinyl suitable for application

·
Registered
14 Posts
pvc will burn real quick and shrivel up under a press and or a belt dryer, they need to be screen printed with a air dry ink.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts