T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you ready to see what will be discussed/released TODAY at Apple's WWDC (Worldwide Developer's Conference)?

I am. :)

Jumps off at 10am PT / 1pm ET today.

Engadget's Live Event Link
Steve Jobs's WWDC keynote live today at 10AM PT / 1PM ET! -- Engadget

Macworld Live Event Link
Macworld | Live Update: WWDC Keynote

Apple's WWDC Site Link
Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2010

There's also rumor that Apple will release a "Magic Trackpad" of some sort. The scoop here ==>Apple's Magic Trackpad revealed? -- Engadget

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm really interested in the new iPhone since I'm thinking about upgrading soon. I don't agree with their methods or politics but I sure do love that iPhone :p

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Jobs keeps killing it. Once again he upped the bar on the phone market. I'm still not a fan of the design aesthetic of the iphone, but what's in it is awesome.

On a different note, he still looks pretty thin, I hope he recovers.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Last July I relented and purchased the iPhone 3G...but the rumors about AT&T signal strength in my area was distressingly correct...At home I was losing about half the calls to either dropped calls or no signal ( I think AT&T is about to bring an extender to market in this area). Since I rely on my cell for a lot of business calls, I had to drop. I did like the ease of use of the iPhone but still needed consist service.

I tried the Motorola Droid from Verizon...not a bad phone and worked flawlessly but I did not like the keyboard...which I seldom used...any I got the HTC Incredible from Verizon...I have to say it is a super phone and almost as easy to use as the apple product and comes with 8.1 gigapixel camera...

Still I think the apple product wins in the design and appearance race

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I just use my phone for making phone calls. I guess just old school. I dont text and dont care to text. I would never watch a movie on a 3" screen. I would rather listen to vinyl than any mp3 file and I dont believe quantity is better than quality. Is technology fascinating...you bet!!!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Being an Apple fan, I'm impressed with the iPhone 4. :) Here is the WWDC 2010 Video on the Apple site if you want to check it out: Apple - QuickTime - WWDC 2010 Keynote Address

iPhone 4 is great, though not perfect. No device seems to meet 100% of a person's needs, but some come close.

A peer showed me his HTC EVO today that he purchased Friday. For nearly the first hour he had it out, he attempted to charge it. However, the EVO constantly rebooted itself and had a loud, annoying song/chime when it rebooted.

He found that it was MS Exchange ActiveSync does not like the use of an all numeric password and requires it to be alpha-numeric. Weird huh? But, bugs with any new phone are not uncommon.

But, back to iPhone 4: I hope to see a change in the FaceTime/Video Calling feature to use 4G instead of relying on WIFI only for this. If you can't find WIFI to jump on, you cannot use this feature.

I also hope that their next iPhone will go to another carrier, whether in 2011 or beyond. It's time to give another US provider a shot at this device. I'm all about us consumers having choices.

Anyone put an iPhone 4 on reserve yet?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I like the fact that my HTC evo is a 4G, has a dual camera, voice search, and a faster processor speed. Im loving it!

I like the iphone as well, i just got discouraged with the fact that i have to go through a different source for insurance.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i just got discouraged with the fact that i have to go through a different source for insurance.
Yes, I read about the new insurance provider for the iPhone 4. I wouldn't pay AT&T $168 a year, with deductibles ranging $99 to $199, to insure an iPhone.

I actually recommend people insure their iPhones/iPads, smartphones, Blackberries, desktop & notebook computers with Safeware.

They have been in business many years. As a real world example, it costs $79/year to cover a 3GS 32GB iPhone with a $50 deductible per occurrence with Safeware (based on my NC zip code).

Here is what's covered nationally (international coverage is also available):

-Accidental damage
-Theft
-Drops
-Falls
-Collisions
-Cracked screens
-Liquid spills
-Power surge
-Vandalism
-Fire
-Natural Disasters

If someone decides to cover a $629 iPad 3G 16GB model, for my zip code it's $50.60/year (national), with the same $50 deductible per occurrence.

Safeware should post coverage costs for the iPhone 4 soon. I see this as a better bet with a company who has insured electronics for over 20 years compared to AT&T.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts