T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I use capillary film (as almost indicated by the title :) and have noticed that it is sticking together in the package. I'm thinking this is because of the rampant humidity...although it is exposing fine. When I used to do photography, we would keep out film and paper in the fridge...can I do this with my capillary film?

Thanks!
~jen

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Roll film for cameras are usually stored in sealed containers. Alas, your roll of direct film isn't. The home refrigerator isn't like the dry humidity film coolers in photography stores. Remember, I'm sure the instructions read "store in a cool dry place".

Keep you eyes out at the grocery at the coolers with condensation on them.

There are many stencil instructions warning not to let your emulsion get too hot. In the summer, many people put products in the refrigerator because it's the only place you can think of that's cooler than your coating room. At 42°F,ASDFGHJKL;MBNM./ when you take water soluble film out of your refrigerator, water saturated, warm air condenses on the cold film.

Photo stencils are all near plastic glue in chemical structure until exposed sensitizer cross-links to resist dissolving with water.

If you compare the exposure of fresh film with refrigerator stored or old film with a Stouffer 21 step gray scale you will know if refrigeration is beneficial.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts