T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning......

Anything I should remember when using vinyl on hats? Going to do my first ones tonight and really don't want to mess up too many of these.

How bout doing vinyl over the center seams?

Your input is appreciated.
Margaret
But most call me Peggy

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. Five panel hats will usually give an area free of seams, for most front based designs.

Printing up hats with vinyl, as JB has indicated, is real easy. Centralising the design is far easier than it is on tees.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Prepress and restretch over the platen once your hat is warm. This will help prevent creasing the cap panels you are applying vinyl to. Some hats are shaped different than others and will crease if you are not careful (smaller platens really help your odds too).

You will also want to keep your heat tape within reach. It is possible to press hats without it, but using it will make life a lot easier.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Morning....

Hats turned out great.....would have done a few others if they would have sent me the other platen I ordered....guess I will have to wait till next week for that to get here.

Thanks for all your help....it is helping me to expand my offerings for my customers and keep them happy and also my pocketbook happy!!

Margaret
But most call me Peggy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts