T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Anajet digital apparel printer.
does anyone want to give me a few starting points as far as print setting go.

where do you start for a typical photo print with text?

what setting do you use the most?

have you ever experienced banding only on the top of your image and nowhere else? this is a new one.

any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Will,
Typically, Medium dot level 2 for me on CMYK, Medium 2 or light 3 on white layer. On a photo, if using "photo" mode, the dot is finer and saturation lower, which I personally do not like. I usually adjust things in photoshop so that I can super saturate some colors while leaving skin tones and certain "memory colors" desaturated or at least lightend a bit so that when I'm shooting for a good contrast and vibrancy on a matte shirt, I can still get some depth. It really depends on the graphic.

Regarding the banding, did you have a perfect nozzel check before this particular print? You may want to post a picture. If you can diagnose what kind of banding, what color, the environment and situation... you can learn to avoid it.

Ian

·
Registered
101 Posts
CMYK: Medium 2
White underbase: Medium 3
Click on ink settings and crank up the brightness to around a +30 (most of your clients only see their images and logos on a computer screen that is back lit. Increasing your brightness will make up for the loss of brightness in the image do to the loss of back lighting.
That's my basic starting point for every job that I do
For photographs, use a brightness of +32 and a contrast of around +5. This will keep your dark areas a deep dark

If you're getting banding on the top and not the bottom, a simple head clean or nozzle check before starting the job will fix it. If you're printing pretty frequently you should't have to worry about doing anything. Moving your ink while printing a shirt will keep your nozzles primed.

·
Vendor
43 Posts
oh yeah, the banding sounds like your table height. The front end of the table is probably a bit low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts