T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of trying them out because I'm sick of... getting sick from the fumes of our cleaner. It's so pungent that if I wash screens outside and there are windows open in the house- the house will smell for the remainder of the day. I also heard my lungs saying "let's pass on this. no cancer please".

if the cleaner doesn't work as fast, i'm willing to spend the extra time cleaning if it means that it's nicer to the environment and to me.

how about soy based inks- anyone heard of places that carry them? or are they just for paper printing still?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I will agree with Jake. I use Franmar products and they work great. I use Chromaline Emulsion and when time to reclaim use there inkedoo to remove ink--then stripedoo to remove emulsion.

They have a kit that you can buy and they send a short vcr with it to show you how to use it.

Trust me it works just like the movie says. It makes reclaiming a breeze.

Dad

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I also use Franmar and love it. I esp. enjoy the fact that they are 'green' products.

Now, back to the soy based inks. I know they exist. But I can't find them anywhere. If anyone knows anything about them, PLEASE SHARE!

·
Registered
64 Posts
From what I know of soy based inks they just don't exist for textile printing at this time. However they're becoming more and more common in paper printing. Hopefully some company will develop a soy based textile ink soon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
They have to some where. I ran across this article yesterday and it made me think of this post.

"In other news, Mraz and beach culture brand Hurley have created a
limited-edition collection of environmentally friendly men's and women's
t-shirts. The t-shirts, available now at select Buckle stores and at
Buckle.com | Designer Jeans : Men's and Women's Fashion Clothing, feature nature-inspired, abstract graphics which were
designed by Mraz and printed with soy ink on 100% organic cotton."

article location: Jason Mraz Makes History With I'm Yours; Blockbuster Single Breaks Record for Longest-Ever Run on Billboard's Hot | Reuters

I will keep digging and let you know my finds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.