T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering using a different business name that is a little more descriptive of what I do. I don't want to have to change a bunch of stuff w/ banks, vendors, etc. for example, "something or other screenprinting", dba business in color (the actual dba). getting a dba for the new one would be no problem, i just would rather it be an extension of the current one.

anybody have a setup like this?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Its my understanding a DBA (doing business as) will require a new bank account as the checks will be made to your new name.
John

·
Registered
396 Posts
Our business account has our llc name & then the dbas (all three of them). We simply state on our website, ebay, business cards, etc... that the dba is a division of the LLC, in case someone questions the dba name...

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's exactly what I had in mind. What is involved in becoming an LLC?

thanks!

·
Registered
396 Posts
There should be forms and instructions on your Secretary of State's website to fill out and send in. In Nevada, the total fees for us were about $200.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not a big deal but you also need to publish (well in NY at least) in two papers, a daily and a weekly with your LLC name and address, and has to run for 6 weeks, then you have to file for a cert of publiction (another 50 bucks to the state)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts