T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the new sleeve platen or youth platen for the DTG Raptor?

We got our new youth platen for the DTG Raptor last week, and we received the sleeve platen about 3 weeks ago. Both platens work great.

The youth platen now makes it even easier to print the smaller youth Ts. We had been taping the edges on the XS and S youth Ts on the regular platen. The sleeve platen works very well for short & long sleeve Ts which our customers have been asking about.

We have also found the sleeve platen is excellent for printing on pocket Ts. It is very easy & fast to place a Pocket T on the platen & have it lined up for printing. I am going to see how a 5X pocket T fits on the sleeve platen this coming week.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi!

Could you post a few pictures of the items? And where you purchased them at?

It would seem to make life a bit easier for spot prints on pockets and sleeves.

Much thanks!

Manny

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi!

Could you post a few pictures of the items? And where you purchased them at?

It would seem to make life a bit easier for spot prints on pockets and sleeves.

Much thanks!

Manny

Manny,

I will get a few pics taken to show you these Platens. We bought them from Mesa Distributors Inc. Apparel Decorating Equipment from MESA Distributors 800.456.3727

Which DTG Machine(s) do you have currently?

Let me know if you have any other questions. Glad to help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi!

We are using a K3. I made a small pocket square that I use to raise the pocket area above the rest of the shirt.

I print a sample on a blank sheet of paper and then fasten the pocket square on top of the print area. I then lay the shirt down on top of thr square and then print the image.

My supplier gave me this idea and it works fairly well. I just have to keep doing it for each location print.

The platen you described is a much better way to go.

I breifly tried to search the web site but could not find the item. I will try again later.

How has the platen been working for you? Did you hav to create a new layout for it?

Much thanks!

Manny

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the DTG Raptor Platen Pics. If the pics don't look good, I will replace them as soon as I can. We did order 2 more Youth platens for the Raptor. It really helps to have several platens, as you can keep your machine running continuously. Let me know if these pics help.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on DTG Raptor Youth Platens. We just received 2 more of the youth platens. they really helped get a job out the door, having several platens lets you keep the machine producing Ts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Dan!

Thanks! I tried again to find the platens on the web site under DTG supplies but I could not find it. I will email them. I use a dual adult platen on our K3 I had to get extension rollers to accommodate the longer sled. Printing two shirts at once has helped alot!

In your software, did you just create a new template based on the new platen sizes?

Much thanks!

Manny

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Dan!

Thanks! I tried again to find the platens on the web site under DTG supplies but I could not find it. I will email them. I use a dual adult platen on our K3 I had to get extension rollers to accommodate the longer sled. Printing two shirts at once has helped alot!

In your software, did you just create a new template based on the new platen sizes?

Much thanks!

Manny

Manny,

Yes, we created new templates for the Youth & Sleeve platens. We had to create templates for 2 copies of the software because we use 1 copy of the software at home to "rip" files for the shop. This works out great for us. I have not found the platens on the DTG website either at our distributor. We had called & asked them about the platens and they told us when they would be getting them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts