T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the new MiraCool paper at TLM, has anyone tried it? Is it better than Transjet II, and is it for white or dark garments?

They are out of Transjet II, I'm thinking of getting MiraCool instead for my white shirts.

Any help is appreciated!
Chris

·
Registered
282 Posts
In a nutshell, the MC paper is great but extremely fussy. Ink does not completely dry so subject to smudging and pizza wheel marks (if you are on Epson). My last batch flakes when cut so I have to blow canned air to get the flecks off.

VERY soft hand and the carrier does not show compared to other papers that leave
a yellow tinge where the carrier paper is. Wash tests are up to about 12-14. Looks great.

I print all MC paper with Durabrite because I can't get a clean printout with Magic Mix on my old (4-color) Epson 900 (ink puddles).

Despite knowing I may ruin a bunch of printouts, I have ordered another 300 sheets.

I and others have posted testing results at personalizedsupplies.com Y group.

Rodney, no affiliation with the company other than a happy customer
:)

Susan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The MiraCool doesn't happen to work with black, does it?

I guess I won't try it, I use the Magic Mix inks and I have a ton of it. I also don't really want to go back to cartridges to use the Durabrite, I have a bulk ink system set up.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Chris, by "black" I'm guessing you mean black/dark shirts? It is not an "opaque" transfer so probably won't work for dark shirts unless you want a very faint effect? Now I'll put this on my list to test:D

I have one printer with just Magic Mix ink. And one printer with just Durabrite ink that I use for other stuff and as a backup printer.

It's an Epson CX4800 all-in-one that uses same four-color carts as the C88. Both are under $100 so if you decide to use Durabrite ink...the printers could pay for themselves pretty quickly.

C88 is around $79.00 and comes with the ink valued at about $50.00 (buy.com prices).

Just some thoughts...Susan

The Venom said:
The MiraCool doesn't happen to work with black, does it?

I guess I won't try it, I use the Magic Mix inks and I have a ton of it. I also don't really want to go back to cartridges to use the Durabrite, I have a bulk ink system set up.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Howdy Lou, I really think the IronAll and MiraCool are the same. We'll have to compare notes on fussiness.

Yes, the transfer looks great after washing...almost like a screenprinted shirt without as much color pop. VERY SOFT and stretches nicely. I've put on Hanes 100% Authentic and Gildan 2000 t-shirts....white.

badalou said:
Question.. does the the transfer stretch after applied and get softer? This is what iron All does. Your description is a lot like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts