Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am trying to contact and admin and tried Pming Rodney.

But checking the site stats he has not been posting since Last Activity: January 3rd, 2019

Anyone know if he is ok and also if any other admins exist>

Regards Andy T

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello there,

It seems like that admin hasn't been on since January.
Is there anything we can help you with regarding the forum?

Ed

I have been around a while and still dont know who owns or runs the site. lol

Anyway I was asked the other day by a company how you get on the list of preferred vendors.and I said I would ask someone in Admin so you drew the short straw. lol

Can you advise please???

regards Andy T

·
Banned
532 Posts
I have been around a while and still dont know who owns or runs the site. lol

Anyway I was asked the other day by a company how you get on the list of preferred vendors.and I said I would ask someone in Admin so you drew the short straw. lol

Can you advise please???

regards Andy T

I believe VerticalScope owns the forum and they own a bunch of others as well. This site has surely shrunken in the past 5 years or so.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Correct, verticalscope owns the forums now. Like every other forum they own, the advertising price goes up and what you get for your money goes down. Sites are just advertising cash cows to them.

They dont seem to be doing a very good job. surely someone should have replied by now with costs involved and who and how to contact.

Not very inspiring for prospective advertisers.
I am assuming that preferred vendors actually means paid advertising.

Regards Andy T

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Correct, verticalscope owns the forums now. Like every other forum they own, the advertising price goes up and what you get for your money goes down. Sites are just advertising cash cows to them.
the interwebs are strewn with verticalscope casualties

typical toronto enterprise, everyone there believes they are the center of the universe

the greatest city and society that has ever existed
a shining light for all to emulate
and then you scratch the surface and it's all pus

·
Banned
532 Posts
no vested/shared interest like rodney had

the interwebs are strewn with verticalscope casualties

typical toronto enterprise, everyone there believes they are the center of the universe

the greatest city and society that has ever existed
a shining light for all to emulate
and then you scratch the surface and it's all pus
If I remember correctly it has been VerticalScope for quite sometime including during rodneys time. Thought maybe there was a new forum as the number of post, etc are way down from the glory days.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I was a paid advertiser on another board they bought. At the time, it was $1200/year for a top page banner. Smaller forum geared towards a very specific type of car...

When Verticalscope came in, all advertisers were told the new rates were $6000/year but as a good-will gesture, they would give you an 80% discount to keep the old rate as long as you continued being an advertiser. The minute you dropped off for any reason, bang, $6000/year. I was struggling to live with the $1200/year and with the severe drop off in membership after they took over, I told them to take a hike. THAT is how they operate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.