T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this machine and if so how do they burn their screens? What is that?
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZimJGBRAqE&feature=player_embedded[/media]

·
Registered
561 Posts
This video pops up every couple of months. It's a similar process to XpresScreen: Screen Printing Equipment & Supplies
My boss has this for last minute stuff or one piece orders. I don't know if he's using it wrong, but the thing has so much pin holes, not tension on the screen and it just doesnt seem worth it to me. With that being said, the video you posted looks like its a better system then the xpresscreen. Never the less, I'll stick with emulsion.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
The company in Texas that makes thermal exposure units is coming out with a product like this. It won't be cheap, but will probably be pretty good. Since you stretch the material on a roller frame, very good mesh tensions are expected. The obvious selling point of using something like this is, no emulsion and no screen reclaiming. You could have a shop with no darkroom, washout booth, chemistry, pressure washer, and so on. Run the mesh through your dryer after carding off the ink at the end of the job, and throw it in the trash.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the concept but there are a few question marks, like the size of the screens? All the same? How do they hold out on 1000 print jobs? How are the halftones? Price per screen?

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Here's a link to the company's site and that particular product:
OYO Instruments | EcoPROdts
I don't think the product has been released yet. I went to the ISS show in Orlando and it was supposed to be there, but they ended up not exhibiting.

·
Registered
227 Posts
That's interesting. I've wondered why that in this day and age of CNC machinery that there wasn't a way to output a screen directly from a PC.

Also it seems to me that an inkjet-based machine could be designed that would work with normal screen printing screens, and rather than spray ink, they could spray something similar to emulsion (something that would block off areas of the screen when it dries). Then you could input the direct design onto the screen from the PC and skip the films, manual emulsion application, exposure, and washing. Assuming they came up with a suitable substance for this, no other part of the screen printing process would change; as you would still be working with normal screen printing screens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts