T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
..hahaha!!! you peeps are ILL.....

I play a Jewish Piano, DO live comedy and still surf with this board....blind folded..... LOL ... spell check wvat ?

heck, how do they print those freakin candles, I really got a know now. :D

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
What about printing on a flat rectangle of 1mm wax, then slightly warming it to be malleable, and encasing the candle? If you heat up the base candle first a little, they should bond.

EDIT: Although I didn't notice this was in the heat press section! For that, I have no idea! (and you should ensure the inks you use aren't toxic when burnt....nothing less romantic than your bathroom mood candles gassing the cat)

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Anyone Printing Candles ? ---- NO JOKE !

come on guys,

I cant believe no one here with all the jet and CLC printers etc.. can't tell me how this is done.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Ola,( please dont reply, thats about all my spanish in one word)
To answer your question, these are done on a standard printer with a Slide decal sheets. You may know these better as the same little decals you got with plastic models as kids. Not having printed my own, Im not sure if an ink like the Durabrite is required or not, but since you have to wet the decal Id assume so.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Still be careful about gassing someone.....most transfers are plastic polymer based, and give off pretty acrid fumes. What about stenciling using water-based inks?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts