T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

if anyone has the time to spare would you kindly offer your constructive criticism on our site?

been up for a while an i keep meaning to ask for some reviews on it.

many thanks

strack

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Strack,

Nice site and I love the designs. Only thing I would change is your banner. In my opinion, it doesnt really mesh well with the rest of the site. Seems kind of stretched in a non intentional way to me. Cant really critique much right now, but those are my initial thoughts.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi Strack, I agree with Vetty that the header logo is a bit distracting. Other than that, the site looks pretty clean.

:thread note:

Let's keep the comments directed at the site and not the originality of the designs

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Rodney said:
Let's keep the comments directed at the site and not the originality of the designs
That's almost as damning as anything anyone else could say :)

Anyway! I agree on the odd banner stretch.

I think the "search tips" linking to Fusionbot's own http://ss073.fusionbot.com/cgi-bin/ss_help?sitenbr=156990765 looks a little cheap...you don't want people to find out you're using a free service.

What exactly does $15/$27 mean?

Any info on type of shirt, type of printing on the actual item sales pages?

But nicey solid over all.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
monkeylantern said:
What exactly does $15/$27 mean?
£15/$27

(although that does illustrate why dual currency prices need to be better handled)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Solmu said:
£15/$27

(although that does illustrate why dual currency prices need to be better handled)
Ah ha! I'm from the UK and have dealt in pounds my entire life, and even I misread it.

The brain just automatically flicked to "$15 mens/$27 womens" or something similar.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm not sure about the font at the bottom of the page. Maybe its the colour of the font but it doesnt match up so well to the rest of the site. And the 'Want to Feature on here' looks like a blatant attempt to have advertising banners which I dont like on any e-commerce sites. Its feels like you're toning down your own site and paying less attention to your customers. These are just my observations though as a consumer. But otherwise the colour system looks good. I like the slightly worn font style.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the comments.

are we saying the the banner reading ..

All T-Shirts

£15 / $27

is confusing..?

(to be honest this was put here as a quick fix to clear nochex applications, they wanted the prices displayed on the first page)

the "want to feature" is a link to the gallery which people can post pics, its not a blatant request for advertising.

is this also a little ambiguous?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Strackal said:
are we saying the the banner reading .. All T-Shirts £15 / $27 is confusing..?
Nick thought so, and being from England he's more used to seeing prices in pounds than the average customer.

I found it clear, but I think it does show that if people are quickly browsing over your site (as they will) it can lead to confusion.

Strackal said:
the "want to feature" is a link to the gallery which people can post pics, its not a blatant request for advertising.

is this also a little ambiguous?
I wouldn't use the word ambiguous... hongkongdmz and I both thought it was a request for advertisers and nothing more. Ambiguous implies we might have read it another way ;)

(so yes it was being misread, and it's much clearer now)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like the site and tees, though the stretched header is distracting. I can see what you're going for but it reads like a html mistake. And I too initially read the pound sign as a dollar sign and had to look again to clear it up.

BTW, what kind of tees are you using if you don't mind me asking. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the feedback, appreciated and taken on board

...i thought ambiguous also meant mis interpretation..? maybe not.

anyway thanks

btw im using continental vintage tee's, in my opinion they are far better quality and more comfortable than the likes of fotl, guildan, hanes etc etc

but thats just my opinion

cheers again folks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks. I love those shirts. I don't wanna hijack your thread, so I'll post in the wholesale forum about finging them in the US and price.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Strackal said:
...i thought ambiguous also meant mis interpretation..? maybe not.

I was just being an idiot - no need to pay much attention when I'm being like that.

(The dictionary definition of ambiguous is that it's open to more than one interpretation, or that the meaning is doubtful or uncertain - in this case the banner seemed to give only one meaning, and a certain one at that, but the meaning was contrary to the one intended. Not really ambiguity in my view, but this is completely irrelevent semantics since you were happy to change the banner, and the meaning is now clear)

Strackal said:
btw im using continental vintage tee's, in my opinion they are far better quality and more comfortable than the likes of fotl, guildan, hanes etc etc

Makes sense. How do you find them compared to AA and the like?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ive been looking for a top quality t for a good 12months and came across these by total accident in a wholesalers, i find them far superior to AA for the vintage wash/distressed etc

AA are great for ringers i think, but everything else its continental for me they make your t's look/feel more expensive that they are, which is good for mark up.

btw, the designs in case anyone was wondering are mainly stock from distributors. doing these until we get fully established. we have a good 60 odd of our own unique and original designs that we are due to have plastisol transfers created. we will eventually stamp our own mark, just beginners at the mo :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
One thing I noticed, in your color selection you have Vintage Bottle. I know from looking up the Continental tees that that's green, but most people looking for tees will have no idea what color that is. I'd change it to Vintage Green.

Also, I notice you offer every shirt in all the colors Continental makes that vintage shirt in. I'm assuming you're pressing transfers when orders come in. Just curious how and what you determined for # of sizes and color for your shirt inventory. Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts