T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Anyone on the board right now with a D-100 ?
I've got some issues getting the belt to line up.
Some questions for ya.

thanks

Yup, I have one and mine also had a belt that was rubbing on one side at first. I was emailing with someone at Vastex and they told me to adjust the belt tensioning so that the belt wasn't slack. The adjustment can be done on either side by turning a long bolt to lower or raise a bar that runs across the unit holding up the belt. Mine is set to about halfway up the bolt. So, not so tight but not slack.
This should make your belt run straight and not deviate toward one side and rub.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else with additional insights?
The belt has to be snug to the rollers, right?
Otherwise it definitely slips, especially every time the joint passes through.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Anyone else with additional insights?
The belt has to be snug to the rollers, right?
Otherwise it definitely slips, especially every time the joint passes through.
The belt should be pretty snug. Currently mine is adjusted with the tension roller running about 2/3 up the adjusting bolts. Make large adjustments (3-4 turns) in opposite directions in the beginning to get it in the middle, then adjust each side one turn at a time to keep it centered. When the belt is properly set you will be making adjustments to one side at a time. It took almost 1000 shirts to get mine perfect. Remember, The belt will run (move) to the lowest side of the adjustment.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Mike!
This helps A LOT
I really appreciate your input !

I know now that I'm on the right track (no pun intended).
You know how it is.....new equipment and I don't want to over tighten, but I just knew that it has to be snugged up. Also, thanks in letting me know that there is a definite break in period too. Just gotta get it so that I can work and not have to hover over it, you know?

Thank you again!
Denise

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Mike,
when you said that the belt will track to the lowest side, do you mean the loosest side ?

Also, did you have to really keep an eye on it that first 1000 shirts to be sure that it wasn't going way off track ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you have the time to just let it run and keep an eye on it that would be ideal. Just turn it on and keep checking it to see where it is tracking and adjust it. You will have plenty of time to fine tune it, I still keep a 7/16" wrench on the dryer for fine tuning.

You are correct, the belt will run to the side that is adjusted the farthest down on the adjustment bolt.

·
Registered
239 Posts
See, that's what's weird..........
Mine runs to the side that has the most tension on it.
Both sides should have equal tension. Equalize that tension and it will run straight. the tension bar should be at the same height on both sides. you don't want a tilt going on - just enough even tension so the belt doesn't slip or feels loose.

Once I tensioned my belt (it's not really even "snug" ... it's just "not loose" if that makes sense), it tracked straight and neither side ever made contact with the side metal brackets again.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Wth any conveyor belt you only want it tight enough to not slip. An tighter will put undo stress on the belt. The smaller the dryer the more tension needed for it not to slip. I can't remember but does the D-100 have dual end adjustments or only 1 end. The reason I ask is if its rolling to the tight end the other end has to be not square.

Reactions: Celtic

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys. I think I'm getting it.
So, am I right to also think that with the heat on, it's gonna help the belt relax and run better too, right?

I realize that it's got to break in.
I just now turned on it's heat.
I REALLY appreciate all your help and great tips.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Both sides should have equal tension. Equalize that tension and it will run straight. the tension bar should be at the same height on both sides. you don't want a tilt going on - just enough even tension so the belt doesn't slip or feels loose.

Once I tensioned my belt (it's not really even "snug" ... it's just "not loose" if that makes sense), it tracked straight and neither side ever made contact with the side metal brackets again.
But, was this after it broke in that it stayed straight ?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
David (SuperD70),
Thanks LOTS for posting your pics !
Yours are really set low. In the assembly booklet it said to start with them at the halfway point.
It helps knowing that every belt can be different.....and, not perfect, you know ?
Anyway, thanks again, cause it's always a big help for me to see pics.

·
Registered
833 Posts
No problem, hope you get it tracking true, I haven't had to adjust mine once in the last year. I figured the looser the better so I just tensioned it enough to not slip, also one side is about 1/8-1/4" higher than the other adjuster, mine never would track straight with equal tension, I measured the centerline of the bearings and everything's true, maybe the belt was made a bit off, who knows.
Very happy with dryer though, great lil unit and small enough to transport when I need to go mobile, I have it setting on a mobile tool cart out in the shop so I can wheel it out of the way when not in use.

·
Registered
239 Posts
No problem, hope you get it tracking true, I haven't had to adjust mine once in the last year. I figured the looser the better so I just tensioned it enough to not slip, also one side is about 1/8-1/4" higher than the other adjuster, mine never would track straight with equal tension, I measured the centerline of the bearings and everything's true, maybe the belt was made a bit off, who knows.
Very happy with dryer though, great lil unit and small enough to transport when I need to go mobile, I have it setting on a mobile tool cart out in the shop so I can wheel it out of the way when not in use.
Harbor Freight Tools carries a navy blue steel cart that is almost custom made for it. If you flip the top shelf so it's not a tub but a flat top, the dryer sits perfectly on it and you can wheel it around effortlessly.

Steel Service Cart - 24" x 36"

It's easy to assemble and it's cheap.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
UPDATE:

Thanks again guys for all your help.
I ended up removing the belt and reinstalling it the opposite direction.
Made all the difference.
And, like David (SuperD70), my adjustment is not equal.
Contacted Vastex (and sent pics) and they said that this is quite normal.

Whew!
Finally, relief :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.