T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Last week my sales went way down even though my page views went up. I looked on a couple cafepress forums and they are all crying about sales drying up. Anyone else noticed a slowdown this past week.

I know right after back to school things slow down before the holidays but I'm just nervous that this terrible economy is finally catching up with everybody.

·
Registered
62 Posts
crakbot said:
Hello,

Last week my sales went way down even though my page views went up. I looked on a couple cafepress forums and they are all crying about sales drying up. Anyone else noticed a slowdown this past week.

I know right after back to school things slow down before the holidays but I'm just nervous that this terrible economy is finally catching up with everybody.
Hi there,

Actually, we experienced the complete opposite last week. Traffic had gone down but sales went up. There were a couple weeks in the first half of September where sales had gone down, but we attribute that to the forces of nature more than anything else.

In regards to the economy, as long as you're selling your shirts at a decent price, you should be alright. People are always going to wear t-shirts, but they may not pay top dollar for those t-shirts if money is tight and the economic outlook is as uncertain as it is right now.

That actually brings up a good point. Maybe the people on cafepress are seeing a slowdown in sales because they (cafepress) charge so much for the base price that sellers have to charge a premium in order to make any money. Couple that with the buying public looking to cut costs and you have a formula for slow sales.

Good luck with your company and here's to a great holiday season for all of us!

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
just wondering, do t-shirt sales drop considerably once fall and winter creep in? is there an increase in sweatshirts and long sleeved tees during that time of the year?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I usually see a nice increase in sales when the holidays roll around.

People tend to buy t-shirts all year, although there are dips and peaks in the buying patterns.

It's also not winter at the same time around the world, which makes selling on the internet that much better :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts