T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scored a great deal on some old roller frames from a closed business ( $10 ) each they have no markings and since I'm new to retensionable screens I didn't know if Newman panels would work with them or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
They look like Diamond Chase retensionables. Is the mesh held in place by 2 round plastic rods with a rough surface? If so, then they are. Although not absolutely necessary, there is an insertion tool that looks just like a pizza cutter with a nylon rolling blade that's used to press the rods into the retaining slots. One other thing. On the six I own, alternate locking bolts on the ends of the tubes are right-hand threaded. Mine are identified by being kind of a brass or gold tone. The idea with having alternating threads is so that in the course of tightening the nuts on any one roller, the opposing force on each nut is supposed to help flatten the frame. It actually does work. Now my frames are about 8 years old, so the ones you have may be different, but just something to watch out for.

As for mesh panels, if you're talking about Shurloc panels, I'm not sure they'll work or not. You might contact the folks at Shurloc to see.

·
Registered
43 Posts
shur loc panels do work on Diamond chase frames. But you will save a lot of money just using bulk mesh, you can get 3 screens done for the cost of one shur loc panel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts