T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yea they seem to have just come on the market. Could not find any reviews or even mention of them anywhere else. I ordered a 16x20 based on the warranty.
If the warranty was the deciding factor, why not buy the Fusion instead...The Hotronix has a lifetime warranty on the heating element as oppose to only3 years for the Thermotron.

The Fusion is made in the USA, Where is the Thermotron made?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well the 16x20 clam shell was $369 after using the retail me not discount code.
I made my comment because it sounded like you were after a great warranty, but now it sounds like you bought on the price factor..... Just remember, most of the time, you get what you pay for and then have to pay again for the one you should have gotten in the first place.

Not knockin you, just hopein everything works out for you. Let us know how the press turns out since there is no reviews to go by.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Heating up depends on how hot you plan on pressing? It should take anywhere from 10-20 minutes to get to operating temp. The bottom platen should be glued down, but you can always get a teflon cover ("bra") for it...I'd actually recommend it, it makes life alot easier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Steven, it has worked wonderful. first got it the timer didn't work, after a month or so I took off the front display and the wire had disconnected through shipping I guess. Screwed it back down and boom I have a timer. It cut off on me one day and scared me but was just another wire had come loose. Other than that haven't had any problems. Temp is true all around (checked with temp gun). Have made my money back many times over. I would recommend it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd like to know too Martin, how's it working out? I also just stumbled upon the Thermotron (15x15 swing) and considering buying since they are local to me & can save on shipping costs by picking up, plus if I need help/repairs I can go directly there.

But I'm also considering the Hix Swingman 15x15. So yah, if you have any feedback on the Thermotron, that would be great since there are like zero reviews on it.

(Ultimately I want the Hotronix Fusion, but budget when just starting out takes precedence.)

Thx! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts