T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new and in search for a heat press. I've been looking all through kijiji for a used press because I don't have the budget to spend even $500+ on a press.

I found this one in between trying to filter out all the business postings of straight from china presses.

Anyone had experience with this company? Or is it another bad quality chinese press?

Thanks.

Also would love any recommendation of you guys have any

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
1800w means you will need a 20amp circuit

it is the pretty much the same one as the asc365 one but with red cover plates

the problem with these presses is the wiring is woefully undersized, the controller contacts are soldered incompetently, etc

so the vast majority fail in 3 months with any sort of use, hence the importance of at least a 1 year warranty,
then after a year if it fails, you have hopefully saved enough to be a decent press

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks again.

I found another listing for a mighty press. Can you give me any recommendations? It's a name brand and it's going for a really good price, but isn't this one of the older models from like 20 years ago?

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Thanks again.

I found another listing for a mighty press. Can you give me any recommendations? It's a name brand and it's going for a really good price, but isn't this one of the older models from like 20 years ago?

this is one of the older models from its looks, which is not a bad thing
analog timer and temp controller means easy & cheap replacing if needed

i'd be all over that one, offer $200 (that is what i paid for my hix)
bring a transfer and a tee to test it out before purchase

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah unfortunately I missed out and by the time I messaged the seller he told me he sold it.

Unless I find something else I think I'm going to go with BDF graphics 15 * 15 clam shell. Thoughts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts