T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SKIP'S CUTTING INCORPORATED?

.....I have these Mazda promo shirts that have to be the softest 100% cotton shirts I have ever tried. Just wondering if anyone knew anything....I cant find a website and that is the rn number/listing that comes up.

thanks

JDT

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Re: Anyone heard of....

Not all manufacturers have websites (a lot of them don't). You may have to give them a call with the info from the RN search.

I like checking out new shirts, so if you find anything out, let me know :)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

55 New St.
Ephrata, PA 17522
Phone: 717-738-1354
Fax: 717-733-4859

Contact Name: TOM CAPIZZI

All I could find.

Although they may not be here much longer...

"Skip's Cutting is cutting more than just garments these days. The company manufactures, dyes, and finishes men's and women's apparel. In 2005 Skip's Cutting announced it would be laying off about 80% of its entire workforce in the fall of 2005, due in part to increased competition from apparel imports."

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, We are alive and well. We have moved offshore. We are now located in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. Still the same REAL SOFT garments.You can reach us (sat line) 717-721-5699, my ext is 3203.
Eric Melfi GM Emblishment Manager. And yes we enzyme. We are Totally Vertical, we do it all, except grow cotton, we have a web site: sdhskips.com

·
Registered
1 Posts

55 New St.
Ephrata, PA 17522
Phone: 717-738-1354
Fax: 717-733-4859

Contact Name: TOM CAPIZZI

All I could find.

Although they may not be here much longer...

"Skip's Cutting is cutting more than just garments these days. The company manufactures, dyes, and finishes men's and women's apparel. In 2005 Skip's Cutting announced it would be laying off about 80% of its entire workforce in the fall of 2005, due in part to increased competition from apparel imports."
Skip's decided to move so they could pay the workers 70 cents a hour in Honduras and yes I know it for a fact as I am married to a Honduras man and the ironic part my mother worked at Skips in Ephreta. She lost her job after 16 yrs of employement. Lost her income, insurance, and her helth went down hill from there. Allbecause of a few super benefits that were made up between the Honduras and American goverments to aide in companies moving to Honduras. I have a sister in law who started working there in Honduras and wow what a pay difference. My mother made close to 13 dollars a hour and my sister in law makes only 70 cents.
Also Eric I didnt know you moved to Skips last I knew you was in American dye and Travis was at the job you say is your position now.

·
Registered
61 Posts

I am sorry about your Mother, but competition makes companies do these sort of restructuring movements to stay alive, its business. I have no idea if 70 cents in Honduras is comparable to other companies around, if it is I don't see a major issue as long as it is enough for their employees to live off of. I know the living expenses in Honduras cannot compare to here, so 70 cents a hour may be enough, though it doesn't sound that way to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts