T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would love to get my hands on one. Haven't done much research but my vendor said it doesn't require heat to transfer? There has to be insane downsides or why aren't we all jumping ship? Why aren't I DTF printing decals, bumper stickers, mugs, etc.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
UV DTF is for hard goods. It will not work well on garments. If you think white ink is difficult to print due to clogging heads, wait to you try to get the varnish to print consistently.
I guess I was picturing "soft goods' that couldn't' survive heat as well---not sure why I wasn't thinking hard goods.

white usually comes back for me but I think you're right it goes out first, but magenta always seems to be the first to give me a hard time. On three machines I'm wondering what chemicaly combined with my environment is causing it. Lack of humidity for sure, but why does it always seem like magenta and what frustrates me is a lot of times you need a microscope to notice how bad it is.

Do you leave the "strip" of ink on for all your prints? It solves a problem it took us a year to figure out on DTG with the ovaljets. I wouldn't know for sure if the strip solves my problems since all my clogs until I perfect humidity are likely are from the living in a dry climate in which the sun is actively trying to kill you.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is what I was refering to - it reads to me like you were somehow using a strip on the OJ's and I was curious how that worked and what problem it solved. Or did I just read it incorrectly?
Asking an expert for you. My buddy was coinventor of OJ and his wife is a color scientist. We did NOT have the strip on the oval but curious what her trick was to have less issues. I think it might have just been really agressive "hot wipes" mid production.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Asking an expert for you. My buddy was coinventor of OJ and his wife is a color scientist. We did NOT have the strip on the oval but curious what her trick was to have less issues. I think it might have just been really agressive "hot wipes" mid production.
She confirmed the auto spray wasnt enough, and the solution was what I said - agressive hotwipes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts