T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They must be out of business... I can't find em online, or find a number.

I did find another company with nearly the same name, but not them (Screen PrintING Systems Inc)

Not really rocket science or much going on here, but might be nice to find a manual or manufacturer for parts if ever needed.

Only paid $110 for it... picked up today... everything works.
Old, but, Kinda cool...

Fluorescent unfiltered black light bulbs, with 2 safe light sockets.
Vacuum lid
Base is a ventilated drying cabinet. I'll probably add heat.
Timer for lights, and timer for lid.

The gas shocks and latches are gone. So I'll have to work that out.. but hey... can't beat the price!

If I ever get sick of it's size, I'll lose the base and make it a table top unit. ;)

Attachments

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some pics of the guts.

Little checkin to do....

Dryer fan works great.

Vacuum lid works great.

Spotless optically clear glass.

The analog/mechanical timers seem a little funky... so I'll be replacing both.
Shouldn't cost much.

The safe light sockets are currently fit with Unfiltered BL bulbs, and will be replaced with safe lights.

The Exposure UFBL bulbs don't come on.
I doubt they are all burned out, and doubt all the ballasts are shot.
The switch for them is a little funky, so I'll start with bypassing and see if that's it... if not, I'm sure it's a wiring contact or fuse issue.

Anyway. Easy fixes.

Quite the score for $110 I think.
I figure I'll have another $40-60 in it fixing it up like new... well worth it.

Attachments

· Registered
2,132 Posts
110 bucks is less than it would cost you to buy the glass or the vac...

Even if you have to spend a couple hundred on a new set of ballasts, bulbs, and timers, you'll have something worth a grand when you're done with it.

Is the drying box filtered? Seems like a great idea--must be why they went out of business... :rolleyes:

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I figured I couldn't go wrong. ;)

Not sure if it'd really be a $1000 unit all done up...??? Really???
at least positive it's gonna be worth a lot more than I have in it, that's for sure ;)

No filters on the drying cabinet. Something I am going to correct.

They didn't even bother throwing seals on the doors :rolleyes:

So, I'll seal the doors and any leaks I might find, and cut in an opening for a filter tray either underneath (Plenty of gap, so easy enough access) or in the doors.

I'm thinking I'll maybe add heat too. Easy enough. I may also add a timer to the dryer since it doesn't have one. Seems practical to. That way I can set it and run, and know it won't be running endlessly.

· Registered
2,132 Posts
Not to say you could *get* a grand from someone else for it, but it looks like a 24x36 size or so, and new vacuum lid fluo units go for somewhere between 1000-2000. Tabletop units, anyway. If you get that drying cabinet filtered, that's a bit of value as well.

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glass is 30"x36", Lid is 36"x36" (6" overlapping sheet metal where vacuum comes through.)

I see your point tho. She might be worth 'as much as' $1000 all fixed and modded up.... though, I'd probably list it at $800, and honestly, I think it would be worth it with it done right.

I'll keep searching for a manual. I just like having manuals for everything... really more for resale when the time comes... just makes stuff feel more complete.

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok.... There is a filter, sandwiched between the dryer blower and the rear sheet metal... just a piece of crap element that I will remove and make a new filter assembly that makes it easy to replace. Probably use scotchpad material for the replacement filters. Have done this with other stuff in the past and it works real well.
As of now, you have to unbolt the blower to change. Not very practical.

So, it blows into the unit from the rear....
No seal on the doors, and no outlet for air.
I am going to make a blind opening underneath it at the front, and seal the doors.

Got the Unfiltered Black Light Bulbs working..... bad wiring connections.

Straigtened out some bent stuff.....

I need to get some pneumatic/gas shocks/struts and weld new mounts to lid (Broken off). $8 each for shocks/struts (Come with the ball mounts)

I need to get toggle latches, $11 each.

Need to get new knobs for timers (Timers work fine) - couple bucks for knobs.

Other than that.... I just need to clean it up (No small task with all the tape and emulsion on it), replace seals under glass, and she is good to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT TO USE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

· Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I'm about to run this joker for the first time....
So, for those using fluorescent units... what is your exposure time?
Looking for a reference point.

The emulsion I currently have is Murikami BLU
I just hit some screens with 3 coats.
Bulbs are unfiltered black light bulbs.
Vacuum lid.

I have a wedge type test laid out... I think....
I made a film with a bunch of circles (labeled with times)

If I throw em all on, and remove one at each 30 second step, is this gonna get me kinda close?
I know that is different than the 21 Step Stouffer type tests.... but wouldn't it get me a ballpark time to narrow down??

Figuring out my last unit was a pain... I'd like this one to be faster.
I'll get a Stouffer 21 Step, but nobody local has em,
and I need to pop out some screens by tomorrow night.

Thanx ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.