T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the topic says. Anyone here that have any kind of experience with the "new" Freejet 330tx. It has been around for a while, but I can't find any info about it. A few vids on youtube, thats all.

My dealer wants to sell me one for a really good "reference" price, but says I cant get bulk ink in litre, only 250ml available. And the pallet size isn't the same as at Kimotos website.

I'm do not have a great trust in the machine, but have only had good experience with the dealer.. So..

I would really appreciate some opinions from users/x users.

Have a nice day!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, yes we use one of the FJ330TX works like a charm!

The original ink is normally sold in 250ml bottles.
But since they are using the standard DuPont inks you may find sources that sell you in larger bottles.
I actually prefer using small bottles in low production times so the ink will not get old.
When we have larger orders I buy sometimes DuPont ink in 1l bottles especially for the white.

regards
Max

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently purchased the Freejet 500TX about 2 months ago along with the Viper pretreater from Omniprint. It is the first DTG machine I purchased and am very happy with it. It took 2 weeks from the date of purchase for Omniprint to deliver the machine which they installed the same day and did almost 8 hours of training that very day. I have printed over 200 shirts so far and have printed all over Converse, Vans, and Nike's. So far the machine works like a charm!

·
Registered
3 Posts
No the bottles are not pressurized. From what was explained to me the lines that go into the ink bottles have a special clip on each line near the bottles that you close when you shudown the machine which prevents the ink from drying inside the machine. I print almost everyday, the longest I have gone without using the machine is 4 days and had no probrems. In the morning I just shake my 4 white ink bottles then unclip the lines and start the machine.

·
Registered
321 Posts
That machine really rocks! That was one of the first machines I looked at. I was allowed to use my Image and they let me use their RIP software. All I did was go find my design, then I found the printer, then I changed my T-shirt Orientation so that I could really see my design in 11x17. I hope I won't get into any trouble because I like the machine that much.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The 330 and 500 are really great machines, bought a 500 and definitely make sure you go through Nexus DTG.
Do your homework and you will know why.
ISS shows and the like will help you tremendously on your decisions and hearing others stories and the goods and the bads of other dtg's.
Steer clear of omni and do your research to make sure your actually going to get service, trained and support the whole way through!

The Nexus DTG guys have been great the whole way through and will find the same with others that have purchased from them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I checked your website and learned you are a distributor. However, my question is purely from a users investment perspective. I am confused as to which brand (model) of DTG printers are considered reliable performers..

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I checked your website and learned you are a distributor. However, my question is purely from a users investment perspective. I am confused as to which brand (model) of DTG printers are considered reliable performers..
DTG performance is more than who builds the best printer. There are many different price tiers of DTG printers (under US$10K, US$10K-US$30K, US$30K+).

No matter how much one spends, if they don't maintain the printer and use it often, there's going to be reliability problems and failures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Brian. However, my background in digital makes me cautious. Most of the DTG printers are improvised Epson printers. In the past, I have known customers facing numerous issues on Anajet, Azon etc.

From customers perspective, maintenance can be assured.. we can clean or even make a few centimetres of test print every day OR on alternate days, to keep the printheads alive during low printing season.

However, question is asked about reliability.. performance... technical support from manufacturers side etc... I really hope members can share views on this front.

Your views on Freejet will be greatly appreciated, as, I am planning to purchase a DTG and Freejet is one that I have shortlisted...

Regards,
Baiju

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.