T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with Ryonet Vyroll? It is claimed that Siser makes this product and Ryonet is marketing it, so it has me curious. How does it compare to Siser Easy Weed? I would be interested in how it performs on 100% cotton fabrics. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
766 Posts
I called Siser. They told me it is Easyweed. I find that it behaves exactly the same. The instructions on the Ryonet site are different than Easyweed, but I've found the Easyweed application instructions work fine. Siser told me they were concerned about the Ryonet instructions, but Ryonet is standing behind their instructions for application.

I'm sticking with the manufacturer until I experience problems.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I did look on their website for the application instructions. The instructions I found are acceptable. See below.

Ryonet is excited to introduce our new line of Vyroll Flex Heat Transfer Vinyl. Vyroll Flex is made by Siser, one of the largest heat applied vinyl manufacturers in the world!

Application Temp: 305-310 Degrees F
Time: 10-15 Seconds
Application Pressure: Medium to firm (40 to 60 psi).
Peel: HOT or COLD

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just noticed this post, and I have to say that I absolutely LOVE the Vyroll vinyl.

My wife and I do a large variety of sports uniforms for local teams and using an application of 330 degrees for 15 sec. I have had nothing but good luck on everything from cotton, to plain polyster, to even chemically treated Dri-Fit style shirts and jerseys. Weeds fairly easy and is somewhat dummy proof in it's application.

I even find it fascinating that the Vyroll is nothing like the vinyl that I remember growing up. Instead of getting hard and brittle over time, it seems to get softer, more pliable, and has a softer feel the more you wash it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just noticed this post, and I have to say that I absolutely LOVE the Vyroll vinyl.

My wife and I do a large variety of sports uniforms for local teams and using an application of 330 degrees for 15 sec. I have had nothing but good luck on everything from cotton, to plain polyster, to even chemically treated Dri-Fit style shirts and jerseys. Weeds fairly easy and is somewhat dummy proof in it's application.

I even find it fascinating that the Vyroll is nothing like the vinyl that I remember growing up. Instead of getting hard and brittle over time, it seems to get softer, more pliable, and has a softer feel the more you wash it!
Thanks for detailing this all. I just got a roll and will be making up a few shirts for a small company.

Can you comment on the washability of this in comparison to screenprinting? I want to make sure I am properly representing my product. I am under the impression (granted sales people tell you anything you want to hear), that Vyroll is as durable.

Please advise of your first hand experience.

Thank you,

McStewey

·
Registered
80 Posts
Siser EasyWeed™ is a very durable product that should outlast the substrate it's applied to. While plastisol inks break down over a period of time, the EasyWeed™ maintains it's integrity. You will also find that the EasyWeed™ has a higher opacity. I have wash tested the EasyWeed™ many different ways with great results. On 100% cotton that is not preshrunk, you will see some wrinkling. This will happen will any vinyl that does not shrink at the same rate as it's substrate.

EasyWeed™ can also be layered & will have the same washability. Here is an amazing tip to help increase your productivity! When layering, you can apply the first layer for 1 second, remove the carrier & add the next one for ten seconds. The one second application also allows for a great registration for the next layer.

HAPPY PRINTING!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had no problems with it at all. Easy to use and the shirts I made for me have lasted over many washings. I have never had a customer complaint with it and have had several repeat buys.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can you comment on the washability of this in comparison to screenprinting? I want to make sure I am properly representing my product. I am under the impression (granted sales people tell you anything you want to hear), that Vyroll is as durable.

Please advise of your first hand experience.
I would say that the washability is as good, if not better than screenprinting. I honestly don't think you will be disappointed at all in the product. Like I said before, my wife and I have been using it for the last year, even on our own personal apparel and I can't say enough good things about the Vyrolls ease of application, durability, and feel.

I know I sound like a salesman, but I am not. Just nice when you actually find something that does what it promises, so I am singing the praises. There may be products out there that work just as well, but I have NO reason to even try them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did my first press with Vyroll tonight. WOW! It came out clean, feels great, and is surprisingly flexible! Putting it next to the old shirts that were screen pressed, they feel about the same. The Vyroll material is lighter. I really am impressed with how clean it looks.

Just for the record too, this weeds very easily. Much easier than regular vinyl for those of you who are as new to the vinyl world as I am.

So.. if the washability is what you all have said it is.. I am SOLD on using this. Thanks all for your feedback. I really want to make sure I am selling a good product. So far, so good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts