T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically the 100 (not the 1000.) The 100 is the desktop unit with a dryer/finisher underneath. No white ink. I believe its priced with the dryer for around $5k.

Anyone have any experience with this machine?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I purchased the Ricoh Ri100 in Oct 2018. Yes it is designed to print on white / light colored t-shirts, but remember it is a mini flat bed printer, so you can also print on many different project ideas...fabric for pillows, quilting, and even white mouse pads. It can print on thin wood or even small 8 inch by 11 inch framed canvas. Cool right ?
The software is easy to use to enlarge jpg images from your usb thumb drive and add text, but doesn't have a SAVE feature. What is nice is you can print directly from MS Word, Excel or any software Photoshop , just as long as you select the R-100 as your main default printer.

AP

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...you can also print on many different project ideas...fabric for pillows, quilting, and even white mouse pads. It can print on thin wood or even small 8 inch by 11 inch framed canvas.
That's very cool. How does the ink hold up on the other products? Especially the wood? I thought it needed to be cotton?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The software is easy to use to enlarge jpg images from your usb thumb drive and add text, but doesn't have a SAVE feature.

AP
The print app that the ricoh uses has now a save feature and it's extension name will .DAT. You can load that saved file and the positioning of your image by selecting Load Saved File at the start of the app

·
Registered
7 Posts
With the Ri100 I have successfuly printed on plastic and wood and canvas. I want to try 4 inch tile but first need to spray with a clear acrylic. The ink is permanent and holds up well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts