T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didnt' know where to post this thread...but big trade show coming up in
Long Beach, California. Is anyone going? July 20 - 22.

http://nbmshows.com/06lb-welcome.html

The Sign Business & Digital Graphics Show is an event for buyers involved in signs, banners and industrial fabrics, digital printing and wide-format graphics, exhibit, display and P.O.P. graphics and fabrication, dimensional signmaking, and vehicle and marine graphics.

The Printwear Show is an event for buyers involved in screen printing, embroidery, heat-applied graphics, digital textile printing, sublimation and apparel.

The Awards & Custom Gift Show is an event for buyers involved in awards and recognition products, sublimation, engraved and sandblasted graphics, customized gifts and graphics, and promotional products.

Susan (who did not register early for free admission:()

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Hmm, it might be interesting to go down for a day.

I would like to see some of the new technology. I don't see any direct garment printers on the exhibitor list though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Actually there are at least six in the exibitor list, although represented by distributors so you might not have picked up on it.

SWF/Mesa (DTG Digtial)
All American (Flexi-Jet)
Lawson (T-Jet)
Sawgrass (MS-One)
Screen Printers Resource (Kornit)
Plus: Brother (GT-541) is there, although they usually have
a distributor showing their garment printer.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Josh, I will stop by and say HI. You were one of the first persons to PM me with some help way back in January when I was starting:).

Hey, bring some Teflon Pillows for purchase;) and coasters/mousepads.

JoshEllsworth said:
I'll be there, Booth #1231. Stop by and say hello!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jason, maybe the January show is bigger?

We're going to do signage and other stuff
so looking forward to seeing equipment in action
(such as dye sub) and seeing physical samples.

Plus like looking at gadgets and stuff.

I'm local so not traveling far. In fact,
I could probably take the light rail
but then where would I dump all my stuff? :D

I've been to some so-so tradeshows,
but sometimes meeting one vendor
or learning a new trick pays off big down the road.

It's $10 plus parking. And we'll probably locate
some yummy place to eat via chowhound.com.
Haven't been to Long Beach in ages.
So the price is right and the cooler weather,
ocean breezes:) is calling me.

identityburn said:
It's an ok show, I've been twice, but you can get through it pretty quick unless you do a lot of different merchandise, like hats, bags, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
we all need to meet at the show. i'm getting to long beach friday nite, going to the show saturday. the january show is mainly cloths. this show is garment printing, gifts, signs and banners. alot to look at. ithink i'm going to buy a lazer machine. i now do direct garment printing. if we could network friday nite or something????????

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
I will be there. We are planning purchases for a lot of equipment and this will be our first look at them. I may be there both Friday and Saturday depending on how much time I need to spend with the vendors.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spent two hours zipping through booths today, July 20th. Would have stayed another two hours but had work to do and needed to beat traffic.

Was interesting to see stuff I've only been reading about the last six months in action.

Met Josh in person. Their 11 x 15 Hotronix press is too cute. It's white, lean and clean looking with laser beam and only took 2 fingers to clamp down. I couldn't believe it had an automatic (non air-operated) release.

Check out the designs on the Vapor Apparel shirts....very cool placements.

Also, I'm in love with the Bella line of shirts/apparel.

For FREE passes..do Google for "Free NBM pass" and you'll get a bunch of hits. The first one for me was from Roland. Saving $20.00 means good eats for me:)

Also, I found parking at Shoreline Village more convenient and closer than the 2nd garage that was open at around 11 a.m. Same price of $8.00. We don't mind walking so we did look for FREE parking (was taken).

You can zip in/out of Shoreline Village open air lot. I found the walk across the bridge from the water closer than that 2nd garage would have been.

Enjoy...we're drooling over the $16,000 Brother embroidery machine:D

Also, rolling backpack was very helpful. I filled it up with literature, etc.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Thanks for the report Susan!

Also, rolling backpack was very helpful. I filled it up with literature, etc.
That's good to know. I was debating on whether I was going to take my backpack or not (not rolling, but something to carry stuff around in). Now I know I will :)

Anybod know if you can take a camera to the show? I like to take lots of photos :D

Also, is there a "dress code"?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Rodney said:
Also, is there a "dress code"?
Personally if I were you I'd be wearing the t-shirt forums t-shirt, and bringing some kind of outerwear you can cover it with in the unlikely event someone official objects.

I've never heard of a tradeshow with a dress code, but maybe I just don't go to the right shows.

·
Registered
2 Posts
there is no dress code! as for the pull behind bags, i don't. i hate to trip over them. i'll be going this afternoon and tomarrow. there is a mixxer tonite from 7:30 to 9:30.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I'm at the show right now (actually across the street at the Hyatt having breakfast)

Can't wait to see all the cool new technology :) If anybody is around at the show and sees this, feel free to drop me a PM if you want to meet up.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mrhotleggs said:
there is no dress code! as for the pull behind bags, i don't. i hate to trip over them. i'll be going this afternoon and tomarrow. there is a mixxer tonite from 7:30 to 9:30.
LOL, my Eddie Bauer rolling backpack has straps!:D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rodney said:
I'm at the show right now (actually across the street at the Hyatt having breakfast)

Can't wait to see all the cool new technology :) If anybody is around at the show and sees this, feel free to drop me a PM if you want to meet up.
Rodney, why am I not surprised?!;) you'd be reporting in!

Someone suggested checking out the SawGrass DTG...apparently soft hand/no carrier?

I'm sure you are finding NO DRESS CODE. In fact, some badly/sloppy dressed (in my opinion) folks. This was definitely not like the slick corporate trade shows I attended in the past for other industries. We ran into some ill-mannered sleazy booth staffer right off the bat.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Rodney, why am I not surprised?! you'd be reporting in!
I hope to have a more full report once I get back.

I took a few photos, learned about a few new blank t-shirt brands, printing methods, saw some really cool printed heat transfers first hand, got to meet Josh from www.imprintables.com and Keith from www.coastalbusiness.com (both good people :)), made some new contacts, passed out some business cards, etc.

Definitely a worthwhile trip (and write-off :))

1 - 20 of 25 Posts