T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Anyone familiar with All Over Screen Printing I got a really good quote but then after that it seems like I can't get hold of the main dude named Chris. He was supposed to send me samples via my FedEx account and nothing ever showed up and no replies to my emails or return calls. Not a very good 1st impression! Perhaps they are busy or it was just too good to be true. I was curious if anyone was familiar with them 'cuz they're only 3hrs away and I could make the trip but is it even worth it (with this behavior)?

Thanks in advance to all those who positively contribute!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey all! Anyone familiar with All Over Screen Printing I got a really good quote but then after that it seems like I can't get hold of the main dude named Chris. He was supposed to send me samples via my FedEx account and nothing ever showed up and no replies to my emails or return calls. Not a very good 1st impression! Perhaps they are busy or it was just too good to be true. I was curious if anyone was familiar with them 'cuz they're only 3hrs away and I could make the trip but is it even worth it (with this behavior)?

Thanks in advance to all those who positively contribute!
they seem legit. ive known a lot of great screen printers that are not organized. call him again. his website says stop by

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that they used to be American Print Pro if you are talking about Chris Curphey. I don't know much about them, but Chris was contracting his all over printing work out to other printers. Maybe he is doing his own printing now and changed the name.
Unik Ink - Thanks, I believe you are right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I placed an order with them over a month ago and since then haven't been able to get in touch with anyone. He received my 100 Tultex shirts and charged me $310.00. They scammed me!! Make sure you DO NOT place an order with them!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Someone eventually contacted me and said that they would take care of it immediately, however that was all I heard. Nothing came, no follow ups, just empty promises.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The business was locked due to non-payment on rent and over $8,000 damages to the building inside. If anyone knows where Chris Curfey and his family are, please repond. Our Chamber of Comment in Mt. Vernon OH has been receiving calls due to orders not being sent after they were paid.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello
If i am not mistaking i just received a message from him on this forum. Just yesterday i posted if anyone knew a whole sale place i could order all over transfers and he responded.
Thanks for the post i will not touch this one.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hello
If i am not mistaking i just received a message from him on this forum. Just yesterday i posted if anyone knew a whole sale place i could order all over transfers and he responded.
Thanks for the post i will not touch this one.
What was the username you received a PM from?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone heard any more on Chris Curphey? Alloverscreenprinting.com? We are still trying to get our money out of him. We placed an order for 400 shirts through him, we sent a $1600 deposit, then we couldn't get a hold of him. Finally found out through the MT Vernon Chamber that he was closed. We found out he is working at Air Waves in Lewiston,OH. I have left messages - he would never take calls. He did email me and said his bank account was closed. His web site has been taken over by and redsigned by Air Waves.
Any information on getting this guy to take care of his responsibilities would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did not want to come across this post, but glad I did. We have been searching for a printer and came across alloverscreenprinting.com and was told we could get some sample prints of our design. We have been waiting almost 3 weeks and haven't been able to contact him. Was hoping since AirWaves took over maybe things would get done, but maybe thats wishful thinking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok so a little update regarding Air Waves. We recieved our sample shirts with our design today. Over all they didn't meet my expectations with the print. Prints were a little different than what our designs were. I've attached the original art versus the finish product. Notice on the shoulder the black gap between the front and back design which really stands out. We are new at this so we really don't know what to expect, but we thought they would turn out better. Is our expectations to high?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Ok so a little update regarding Air Waves. We recieved our sample shirts with our design today. Over all they didn't meet my expectations with the print. Prints were a little different than what our designs were. I've attached the original art versus the finish product. Notice on the shoulder the black gap between the front and back design which really stands out. We are new at this so we really don't know what to expect, but we thought they would turn out better. Is our expectations to high?

With all over prints, you can definitely expect some imperfections in the print, especially near the seams.

Have you tried putting one of the t-shirts one to see if the gap stands out as much when you actually wear the t-shirt?

For a real world example, I bought this t-shirt from threadless.com that had a cool all over print. If you look at the t-shirt from straight down, you can see a big gap on the left hand side. There's also some gaps in the ink on the right hand side near the under arm.

threadlessallover.jpg

But when you actually wear the t-shirt, you can't see either of the imperfections and it looks great.

I know it probably doesn't make you feel any better about it not looking perfect, but if you go to almost any store and take a close look at the different all over prints like this, you'll see discrepancies in the print quite often.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah it's more noticable when wearing it. We understand it's not going to be perfect, but we want to start off with a good reputation on deliverying a quality product. I'm uncertain what process they use but does belt printing cover those seems? Also not sure if anyone can see in the picture but they used a sea foam green color instead of what was in the original design.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Yeah it's more noticable when wearing it. We understand it's not going to be perfect, but we want to start off with a good reputation on deliverying a quality product. I'm uncertain what process they use but does belt printing cover those seems? Also not sure if anyone can see in the picture but they used a sea foam green color instead of what was in the original design.
If you're unhappy with it, you probably should talk to them to see what can be done.

It's hard to say from looking at the picture how far off it is, but like the photo I showed you from a very large company (threadless) that was done on a belt printer, sometimes these types of prints don't come out exact every time.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Both of those are probably printed on all over pallet similar to those from Action Engineering. From the trends that I have noticed, most printing companies are opting for this method opposed to traditional belt printing because you can keep tighter color registration which allows for more colors to be printed (threadless design posted by Rodney). Another reason is that the printer can have more of a flat printing surface to print. When printing with these platens you only have shoulder seams and collars to print over, whereas with a belt printer you have seams, collars, 2 layers of shirt, and folds to deal with. Imagine taking a t-shirt, spraying the inside of it with spray adhesive, and trying to lay it perfectly flat on your kitchen counter. You will always get folds in the shirt where the adhesive sticks together in areas before you have it perfectly flat. This is belt printing. With belt printing, you may have less of a gap around the outer edges of the shirt, but the quality of the print will be less consistent than a shirt printed with all over platens. Also, when printing the back of a shirt with a belt printer, you will have a noticeable impression where the ink is printed over the hump created by the front collar. In my opinion (Testify), the way that the shirt was printed was the best possible method. If it would have been printed on a belt printer, you might have gotten a little more coverage over the shoulder, but you would have creases and other imperfections in the print, along with a print on the back that has the collar imprint (pic below). As far as the ink color, that is something that is usually picked and confirmed by the customer as an agreed pantone before printing. Hope this helps.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts