T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we're all t-shirt freaks, but has anyone experimented with offering hats on their e-commerce sites? We put our most popular t-shirt design on a hat just to see what the response would be.

Anyone else try anything like this?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Re: Hats?

Not ready for hats yet but did do some for client and placed design on brim. Looked great. Client sold out at event. if I get more request I may get press. Maybe a manufacture will give me one to test for them. Cough, cough!!
I even thought of a web name.. "The Brim Reaper" .. well there goes that web name.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts

I've sold hats and visors with designs on them. People like funny hats or hats that they can relate to (just like t-shirt designs :))

I usually have them embroidered instead of screen printed.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Rodney said:
I've sold hats and visors with designs on them. People like funny hats or hats that they can relate to (just like t-shirt designs :))

I usually have them embroidered instead of screen printed.
When you have hats embroidered, do you have to pay a setup fee for the digitization of the design and then a per hat fee? Do you know what minimums people usually have for hat embroidery? How much do you typically pay per hat plus the setup fee if you don't mind me asking? Do you know of a good cheap local embroider here in Sacramento? Thanks

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts

When you have hats embroidered, do you have to pay a setup fee for the digitization of the design and then a per hat fee?
Sometimes. I think it will depend on the printer, the quantity of hats you're running (sometimes they will waive the digitizing fee), and the complexity of the design.

Do you know what minimums people usually have for hat embroidery?
That's one good benefit to embroidery. Once you have the design digitized, you can print as little as one hat without any problem. So I've had as few as one printed (for myself) and as many as 200 printed.

How much do you typically pay per hat plus the setup fee if you don't mind me asking?
Depends on the hat style used, the design and how many will be printed. Of course you'll get better pricing on 200 than you will with 1. It will vary alot, so I don't have a good answer to this question other than to ask around and get quotes.

Do you know of a good cheap local embroider here in Sacramento?
I don't think I could give an unbiased answer to that one :), but a lot of screen printing shops are already setup for embroidery. So if you ask around, you may find that a printer you've already talked to also does embroidery.

·
Registered
1 Posts

people are definitely down with hats, i have been making some with spray paint and a home made stencil and selling them as fast as i can make them. does anyone know where i could get them screen printed? the problems i have had in looking for a company is that i dont want them embroidered, and i need the image on the front to be 5" wide (apparently the normal screen goes up to 4"). the hats are nylon too.

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts