T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just printed a very small run of 50 shirts and am very unhappy about the size of the design on the shirts. its my fault though, i thought it would look good, turns out it looks like a dot on the middle of the shirt.

has this ever happened to anyone? i don't even know what to do with the shirts. my first thought was donating to the homeless.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Yep, that's happened to me before :)

I just sold them, since it was only *me* that knew what they were "supposed" to look like. I'm a much bigger critic than my actual customers.

Sometimes I've sold them at a discount, sometimes I've sold them as "limited edition" and sometimes I've just sold them :D

Donating them might not be a bad thing either though?

Anybody else, what do you do with your "mistakes"?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wouldn't sell it, because like you, im very hard on myself. instead, i am changing the design and printing it again. my partner and i were thinking of holding on to them and then down the road, releasing them as a buy 2 get a limited edition "prototype" shirt from our first line of shirts.

·
Registered
274 Posts
we too are overly critical. but it guess being your own worst critic is quite helpful in the long run.

once we like our designs, we generally have a sample making day. we play around with placement, ink colors... if we don't like it, we just give the shirt away to a friend. that way you don't ruin too many shirts, and you get free advertising. friends are always willing to wear a free shirt and talk about your wears!

·
Registered
282 Posts
This is where going with digital transfers in-house helps with tweaking
your design. I also do a printout on paper and mess around with size and placement as well. Susan

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why not invest in having the transfers put on paper. It's generally a lot cheaper and if you didn't like the design, at least you'd still have the actual shirts? Plus if you tried a digital transfer you could probably purchase one to test to see if you like the design.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rodney said:
Some people prefer screen printing over heat transfers (especially in the screen printing section of the forum ;) :))
I always have a pack of Light and Dark Tshirt heat transfers handy. Printing on paper and postioning on the wall with the shirt is fine, but if you're working on a design primarily for girls shirts, like a tight fit baby rib, it's a good idea to first use a heat transfer, and have a woman wear the shirt to inspect placement and size. Also make certain to crop the design close to the actual border of the print, so any excess transfer material does not intefere with the natural stretch of the shirt once worn.

Ummm. I'm new to this board. Is there a rule about newbies and maximum word counts per post?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Ummm. I'm new to this board. Is there a rule about newbies and maximum word counts per post?
:welcome:

Yes, I think we've set the limit at 50,000 words per posts per new member ;) You're safe.

just kidding of course :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep, that's happened to me before :)

I just sold them, since it was only *me* that knew what they were "supposed" to look like. I'm a much bigger critic than my actual customers.

Sometimes I've sold them at a discount, sometimes I've sold them as "limited edition" and sometimes I've just sold them :D

Donating them might not be a bad thing either though?

Anybody else, what do you do with your "mistakes"?
We send our misprints on mission trips. Seems to be a win/win!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts