T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am. I can't tell you how happy i was to get it last year. Now, I often daydream of rolling that thing right off the loading dock and throwing open buckets of ink at it for the rest of the day.

The temp will not stay consistent. It often reads 20-30 degrees cooler on the back side, and the entire range differs sometimes up to 30 degrees at any time during a print run.

The only controls are an on/off switch, the belt speed, and the end gates which come up and down. I even ran it's own circuit back to the panel to isolate the draw.

My building is shared with a tanning salon, but i'm pretty sure their super power boosters and circuitry is all on it's own deal?

Either way it seems very limiting. I'm pretty sure that attempting to cure waterbased inks or discharge would be a waste of time and an investment.

Are any of you guys getting consistent temps out of your five footers? Are you curing anything besides plastisols?

sorry for the rant...

derek

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
If you are not using your flash or if you have a spare, you can position it over the outfeed belt, it'll help cure. Not sure about water-based, you might have to really creep the belt speed.
That's one of those pesky things with screen printing, overlooking the dryer, you can never have one big enough. I need a larger one myself, preferably a mini-sprint.... but they cost almost as much or more than a press!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good tip on the flash dryer. I wish I had an extra one. I might be able to set something up using the one, the press is pretty close to the dryer so it could be done with minimal headaches. i'll give it a shot next time i'm doing whites. they are so easy to scorch on such a little dryer!

definately overlooked the dryer. a good dryer ensures the quality of your product. ah, well. i'll keep my temp gun constantly in hand until i can afford the Big Daddy.

·
Banned
97 Posts
derek,
which one do u have? im looking into the little buddy from ryonet..... hopefully its not that one... lmk..so i can double check on that specific dryer... thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts