T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about registering there, just not too comfortable with the application process. Way too much information for a message board registration. Especially considering how easily hacked they are if the owner isn't vigilant about keeping it secure.

Anyone have any experience?

·
Registered
911 Posts
yup, tho' i dont post much because I dont digitally print, the admins are vigilant in keeping it clean and safe.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I have been for years and unless something change I did not have to give no more information than when I joined this forum. A lot of it was optional when I signed up. But as far as hacking they hack into government websites so it is possible no matter what they do.

Sign up and don't give them the correct information if that bothers you. Not like they are going to check.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am a member there as well , there is a wealth of information. I am debating on signing up as a paid member they say that is a whole different game then as far as the info that is available.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I am a member... they want to weed out the general public and make sure it is mostly people really in teh sign business. It's legit

·
Registered
869 Posts
Me too. I just signed up there a few weeks ago. It's a pretty informative site, but nothing like this forum. I read it when I am out of reading here and at sawmillcreek.org.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It's a bit harsher and more closed crowd. I see a few common nicknames across both forums. If you're looking into getting into the sign business there's some great information and knowledge there. I've avoided many mistakes on signs and picked up good tips on how to finish signs, or utilize tools.

Just be aware that the forum members there are protective of their trade and find it disrespectful when people come in with stories similar to "I got a good deal on a Cricut and need to know how to wrap a vehicle cause a customer wants one done, what do I charge them as well?". The members there expect an introduction, who ya are, what got ya interested in signs, etc. Here folks are very open and you will not see too much backlash on people just getting into the business or end users asking questions.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
thin skins look out! pricing and materials costs are usually not discussed in the public forum. You have to join the premium boards to get that info.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I recently joined as well. I didn't think the info they asked for was over the top.
I also paid the subscription so I could get to the good info on premium forums.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
You noticed that also. Some of those folks on there are almost hostile. Maybe it's just me.
Yeah, after this forum, Signs 101 is down right mean at times. Maybe you have to be a paid member before you get treated nice.

I think probably T-Shirt Forums reflects Rodney's personality. It is hard to image Rodney getting mean.

:mad: <-- Rodney?? NO WAY!!

:D <-- Rodney!

I know the problem with Signs 101, it is moderated by clowns!!! :eek:

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
You noticed that also. Some of those folks on there are almost hostile. Maybe it's just me.
Well while I agree that they are hostile.....it not the most hostile board I've ever been a member of, you ever hear of the yellow bullet? it's a racing site....now there is a hostile site! LOL!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I don't see them as hostile, unless you mean people giving honest opinions as being hostile.

For example, people looking for pricing info etc in open areas of the forum is not considered polite :)

The more detailed information is reserved for the premium forums (paid subscribers). And for the price, the information and advice you get in the premium forums is back in your pocket after one job in a lot of cases.:p

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was just on signs101 but was unable to post. I then saw this post and it answered my question as to why im not allowed.

Where is the best place to get questions answered for my Flexi software?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts