T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a really hard time finding an affordable cutting plotter that comes with Mac-compatible software. Does anybody have any recommendations? It will need to accomodate 11 x 17" transfer paper. I'd rather not spend more than $600 if possible.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have a summa cutter which works with software called magi sign, if you go to their website, i think it tells you which plotters it is compatible with. My summa cost about £2000 if I remember rightly

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, confetti. I just checked out the MagiSign site and the software alone is over $600. :( I've read good things about the Summa cutters but I don't think I would use it enough to justify spending that much. Thanks again!

·
Registered
503 Posts
This is the reason I stayed with a PC after my HD crash. After alot of legwork as to which, if any plotter working with a Mac. From what I found, if you cut straight from say Corel with the plug-in you have a fair to good chance of no problems. For alot less you can find an inexpensive PC machine to run youre plotter, printer and whatever. I purchased a Dell for just at $300. But with the budget youre looking to stay in, I dont believe youll find anything.

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
I bought a 24" Seiki off of eBay. I didn't need a big plotter of even a great plotter. They gave me Flexi-Starter software for my Mac. It has some quirky bugs, but it works. I design everything in Freehand, select it, copy then paste into Flexi-Starter. It works with no hitches.

I paid $600 for the package. I see now they have 30" cutters with the same software at the same price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts