Thank You Kimberly, I am going to have to use the CRICUT until I can get my big girl cutter. This is very helpful information.I cut both decal vinyl as well as heat press vinyl from my Cricut until I got my Big Girl Vinyl Express. Hee Hee. You will need Inkscape which you can down load for free. Just do a search for it. You will also need SCAL software. (SCAL= Sure Cuts A Lot). It's about $75 bucks and you can also purchase that on the internet. SCAL is needed in order to cut any of your own designs. Otherwise you are limited to the Cricut cartridges.
Here's how it goes:
1) Create something in CorelDraw X4. (That's what I use)
2) Export the image and save as a JPEG file
3) Open Inkscape
4) Open Image
5) Locate file (usually it was saved in your photos file)
6) Resize the image into the box that is displayed within Inkscape (VERY IMPORTANT!)
7) Click on the resized image so the arrows appear around it
8) From the menu bar, click PATH
9) Trace Bitmap
11) Click OK
13) SAVE AS and change file extension from a .JPEG to .SVG
14) Open SCAL
15) Ind import .SVG file and cut.
It may seem like a lot, but it's really not once you do it a few times. Oh and for the setting on my CRICUT, I have the SPEED and PRESSURE on MEDIUM. The blade is on 4.