T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with Boxercraft? I have several orders in with them and they keep pushing my ship date back due to backorders. They are killing me.

Second...Do you know where to get pants similar to the Boxercraft Style #J22 (low rise black plant)?

·
Registered
52 Posts
hahaha. they're miserable to deal with.
they screwed us on a few thousand dollar order.
i heard my boss on the phone with them multiple times where he'd tell them that the day he finds someone who competes with them product-wise, he's gonna never buy another thing from them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figures! Another deadbeat supplier for me. I cannot win these days. I have suspended all new client sales until I can find suppliers I can trust. I am only working with existing clients that are understanding and do not have hard deadlines.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So finally my order was promised to ship today and now they gave me yet another backorder excuse and are telling me another 2 weeks. This is a basic freakin tunic length female white t-shirt with one color screen. :mad:

I seriously am about to reach through the phone and choke someone. I ordered these things at the end of August. Now they are supposedly shipping on October 14th.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
They are very nice on the phone. I have only ordered samples so far, it was about a week before they shipped them but I thought maybe that was just because they were free. I completed their survey for a free item but apparently the offer excludes all the good stuff. This is probably their busiest time of the year, I'm not excusing them but that probably has a lot to do with it.

Augusta is slow like that too. Took me a month to get some tanks and shorts and they weren't decorated.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Ordered a bunch from them for a show this weekend. Got confirmation that my shipment went out, then a day later after it was too late to ship I got an email that they had backordered most of my order. Too late to get anything to replace them now. So, I'm just out the sales. Not a good start with them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i ordered some plaid flannel pants blank and got them within a week np. I have only placed one order with them.

good info. thx :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ordered a bunch from them for a show this weekend. Got confirmation that my shipment went out, then a day later after it was too late to ship I got an email that they had backordered most of my order. Too late to get anything to replace them now. So, I'm just out the sales. Not a good start with them.
That seems to be their standard fall back - the old "backorder". I do not understand how an order can go in, artwork approved, scheduled to ship and then a day before shipping the order is changed to "backorder". They should pull my inventory when the order goes in. Instead, I think they wait until they are getting ready to print and realize they do not have the items. If they would have told me back on September 1st that the items were backordered, I could have resourced and had the items by now.

They don't have any delays charging your credit card though!

I have done 4 orders with them in the last 2 months and every one of them has been delayed. I am done with Boxercraft! Never again!

·
Registered
7 Posts
OMG ... they are notorious for telling you they will ship "the next day" in "14 days" and then sending you an email stating that everything you ordered will be here in 10 days- 2 weeks- 4 weeks ...etc. We ordered custom sweatshirts they said would take two weeks ...it's been 8 weeks and boy do we have some ticked off people waiting for the other half of their suit ... Somebody please set up shop and do something better ....... they do have some great prices though ...and today, that helps...if you're not in a hurry.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I finally get one of my orders last week. A custom lined hoodie with tackle twill imprint on the front. Guess what? They arrived blank. No tackle twill front. I call and raise hell, they say they will overnight the tackle twill and the sew disk so that I can have it applied locally. Took them 4 days to finally ship the tackle twill after telling me repeatedly they would be overnighted. They are miserable!!!! BUYER BEWARE. Great catalog, innovative styles, but they cannot deliver what they promise.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It is funny I came across this post,as I just got an email from Boxercraft today. I looked around their booth at the ISS show in Ft Worth. So I was looking at their site,it looked like they had some neat stuff but now I will think twice about ordering from them.Thanks for all the info everyone.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes Lonestar. Be very careful. Your clients will love the catalog and get really excited about the products. It is easy to sell their stuff! Then you are left holding the bag when they fail to deliver. You will have pissed off clients and lost cash flow while you wait for your "backordered" or messed up orders. They will charge your credit card or bank account the day you order not when the product ships.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used to work for their direct competitor (which is no longer in business). We got SO many of their customers because they were upset for the exact reason you posted. This was 6 to 8 years ago... sounds like nothing has changed. Sorry to hear about your experience.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have had similar backorder issues with them. Now steering customers in another direction...SAME GOES FOR AA (American Apparel)!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your not going to believe this. I just had my local embroidery shop try to sew on the tackle twill applique using the sew disk Boxercraft sent. The sew disk does not match the applique. IT IS FOR AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT TEAM!

These guys are the worst!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
we ordered the custom lined sweatshirts that still haven't arrived after 9 weeks and they said they would over night the shirts on Tuesday of last week ... well we received the dang overnight package alright ... all of the custom lining was sent but not attached to the sweatshirts ...in calling Boxercrap they were shocked to learn "we" received the lining as they were suppose to be sent to a different dept. to be sewn on the shirts ... who's running this place 6 year olds.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very common. The right hand never seems to know what the left is doing. Every time you call customer service, they have to refer to "another department". My hunch is that they are dealing with overseas manufacturing and have no control over the production.

They have cost me a contract with a local school system!!!!! I am now fighting to get refunds on all of their faulty products.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Thanks all for this post. I have a cheerleading squad who I was going to give the catalog to in the morning. One thing I do not need is more headaches. No Boxer for them.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts