T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any company that does vectors desings for people at a reasonalble price? I would do it myself, but im a college student and have no time. Plus i have Adobe Illustrator, but the version is to new for spreadshirt.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi Deja, check out this thread about hiring a graphic designer:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=1424

We don't allow advertising or self promotion in the forums, so it wouldn't be possible for folks to post back with "bids" on your design project. But there are other websites that offer that service (and do a great job at it :) )

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've already done all my drawings by had, so i would just need a vector desine. I also have some ideas in mind and found the thread on hiring graphic designers to be helpfull. Since i've allready have the drawing, how much do you think a company would charge for putting it in vector form? Im not looking to pay an outrageous amount. Maybe i'll make some flyers on campus and pay someone to do it. How much do you think i should pay someone for this?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
You could probably get it from anywhere from $0-$200 depending on who you talk to and how complex the design is (on a conversion). For new graphics, the range would be $0-$300.

I say $0 because sometimes you'll get someone who is just starting out, doing it as a favor, building up their portfolio, not needing the job to pay their rent, etc. If you are hiring a graphic artist, expect to pay on the other end of the range :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Graphic artists' per-hour fees vary HUGELY. Like, from $15/hr. to $350/hr. Tell you what though, I got a quote from someone recently that was a half hour art charge for images that I prepared and supplied in 2 different formats. They were very reasonable, PM me if you'd like contact info.

To make it easier for them and cheaper for you, create a B&W .tif in 600dpi and then a full-color smaller .jpg so they have an idea where to place colors. Then they can run it through Streamline or something and prepare it for you in a short time. If you have access to Adobe products then just play around with it.

Some places do it differently though, so definitely shop around. I'm hopefully going to be ordering from a printer who doesn't require vector (I think he does the needed conversions himself for no extra charge).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts