T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this design is going on a navy blue shirt.

Obviously 4 colors...white and 3 different shades of grey

Is there a way i can print this without printing 4 pot colors or halftones?

Like a trick with using some underbase and then some with te dark of the shirt? a translucent grey? i feel like i have seen this done in an easy yet advanced trick style fashion. Maybe im wrong. How would you print it?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

· Registered
8,374 Posts
You could print underbase, knock it out where the dark gray is going. Then just print a medium gray that will get you the medium gray and the dark gray with 1 screen. I would do the light gray halftones that way your only using 2 screen and have a almost solid image. Another trick would be to do the same but halftone the underbase where the grays are to create the different tones but this can be tricky

Reactions: phatdaddy

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could print underbase, knock it out where the dark gray is going. Then just print a medium gray that will get you the medium gray and the dark gray with 1 screen. I would do the light gray halftones that way your only using 2 screen and have a almost solid image. Another trick would be to do the same but halftone the underbase where the grays are to create the different tones but this can be tricky
would a sim process grey work for this? since it needs to be translucent right?

· Registered
8,374 Posts
Not really sure by what you mean a simulated process gray. Simulated process uses your stand everyday run of the mill inks. All inks are translucent even white, some just have more opacity then others. If you do as I suggest and wanted more of a contrast in the grays you could always use cureable reducer to reduce the opacity.

There are inks that say better for wet on wet or simulated process but are still just standard plastisols either reduced or with a detackifier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.