T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
8,073 Posts
I have been around this biz for over 8 years and have never heard of a trade show in the bay area for winter or any season...there have been some ASI road shows which is for promotional product distributors that have 40-50 vendors but ALL are promo products...no garment decoration. The closest to a trade show was in sacramento last year by Great Garment Graphic Seminar..which is a two day show that is mostly a show and tell by Stahl group...you can see some products (cutters, presses etc) in action and make some vinyl purchases at a discount...10% if I remember...but this is mostly like an infomercial. But there has not been anything like ISS, NBM shows etc..

· Premium Member
7,117 Posts
I dont know of anything near the bay area, but if you could make the trip, the ISS show is in January in Long Beach and well worth attending. Its by far the largest california show of the year :)

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I definately want to make the ISS show this coming up January in Long Beach.
What is going to be there? Is it going to be like a infomercial? Or will it have tons of demos, samples, etc....:confused:

By the way thank you for your help!:)

· Premium Member
7,117 Posts
Its a very large show and has tons of equipment and suppliers for everything there, and yes you can get samples. If you are looking to buy equipment they also have some great show specials. There are also a lot of eductional seminars you can sign up for before hand if there is something specific you are wanting to learn. Its definately one of the best shows out there.

· Premium Member
7,117 Posts
Yep I go every year :) Here is a link to it ISS Homepage. I know there are codes that you can register for free for tickets also. I also think its free to register before a certain date, but dont qoute me on that haha. If you are just starting out its a great place to go to see all the different print methods, and see what interests you the most.

· Premium Member
7,117 Posts
Well even if you dont print your own shirts there are alot of bennifits to going to a show. For one you can see all the different print methods and which one fits they type of designs you want to print. Also there are a ton of blank suppliers there, so you can see all the different garments and make a choice on which type of shirts will best fit your brand. It really is a great educational experience just to be able to see what everything is, and have it all under one roof. I know for myself its a pain getting shirt samples from all the different suppliers, so having them all there really makes it alot easier.

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
I don't print my own shirts, so how would a tradeshow benefit someone like me?

Anthony
I don't print my own t-shirts either, but going to the show helps to see what types of print technologies are out there. It's a great way to educate yourself on the different printing techniques as well as see the different blank garments that are out there.

So even if you outsource your printing, going to the show can help you figure out what you want for your business so you know what questions to ask or what to look for when you go to get printing done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.