T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasnt sure where to post this....so here it is.

We will be getting our first order of long sleeve t's tomorrow. We have a few things picked out to put on the sleeves.

Ive never done a long sleeve....any advice, knowledge, what not to do comment you might like to pass on?

One inparticular will be an actual car graphic design that I want to wrap around the length of the sleeve and have it spill over onto the front chest. My concern is the multiple pressings its going to get, and any creases it might cause. How should I go about this?

· Registered
487 Posts
I do a few long sleeves. As far as doing the sleeves, no worries. I went to the local office supply and bought an over sized mouse pad (as per Lou), cut it to shape and and insert before pressing. Pressing from the sleeve to the chest area, trail snd error for the bes way to do it. You may have to split the image and do the press in parts. Just use a teflon sheet to protect the previous pressing.

· Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hammered said:
I do a few long sleeves. As far as doing the sleeves, no worries. I went to the local office supply and bought an over sized mouse pad (as per Lou), cut it to shape and and insert before pressing. Pressing from the sleeve to the chest area, trail snd error for the bes way to do it. You may have to split the image and do the press in parts. Just use a teflon sheet to protect the previous pressing.
I have a very large (thick)felt pad that came with my heatpress....supppose to be used for when I press tiles and whatnot. Will this work?

· Registered
3,698 Posts
Robin, there are special teflon pads that are specificaly designed to be used inside sleeves, t-shirts etc. they slide in and out quick and easy. Imprimtables may even sell them, they are not cheap but thats what they are designed to do.

· Registered
951 Posts
Robin, there are special teflon pads that are specificaly designed to be used inside sleeves, t-shirts etc. they slide in and out quick and easy. Imprimtables may even sell them, they are not cheap but thats what they are designed to do.
You can be creative with this though...you can probably find something lying around your house that can serve the same purpose as a teflon pad.. Cardboard would probably work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.