T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: It's been a journey -- site's finally ready!

Wow,

Dude, it looks excellent, very clean and easy to understand. Very good job.
Can anyone give me some feed back on mine, it just went up 2 days ago, still a few glitches but, it comin along. Thanks all.

http://www.mydirtylaundry.ca

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not a bad start, but still needs a lot of tweaking in my opinion.

First thing I noticed, was the navigation bar.....it blended in with the site, so I had to search for it. Also, your ordering system is very complicated, I would look into automating it more. I punched in a bunch of jibberish and it still sent me to the paypal screen for whatever amount.

Categorization was also lacking. You have 7 pages of designs, but people might be bored after the first 2. I would seperate your designs better.

Cool concept, nice designs, nice website, but I think the structure needs to be a little better.

You're on ur way, it has a lot of potential.

·
Registered
114 Posts
how in the world did you figure out how to add so many options, radio button, incremental pricing, etc. with only a Paypal cart? I've been trying to figure that out for 3 years.

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
jacsma said:
how in the world did you figure out how to add so many options, radio button, incremental pricing, etc. with only a Paypal cart? I've been trying to figure that out for 3 years.
I think it would be as easy as just adding different form options to the PayPal shopping cart code.

PayPal lets you set a couple of options I think in their online interface for generating the code to put on your website.

All you would need to do (with a little knowledge of HTML) is duplicate the option fields that PayPal gives you the code for and then just change them for your needs.

For example, if you had a size and color field defined in PayPal, then you could change the size field to a "Mens/Womens/Childrens" field.

You would have to pay attention to the way that PayPal uses each form field (or take a cue from the site above :))

·
Registered
114 Posts
If that's the case, I must not have been holding my mouth right when I tried it. I added multiple options via HTML, but when clicking 'add to cart', the extra options didn't appear in the cart, and then of course when the order came through to me, I didn't have a clue what options the customer had chosen 'cause Paypal had only sent me 2 options.
I've search high and low, message boards, forums, web designers, etc. all of which told me there was no way to alter Paypal's code to have more than 2 options show up in the cart. Clearly .... that is not the case.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Dirtylaundry - I think your site looks great though I would have to agree that the navigation is a little difficult. I went back a few times before I figured out how to view your t-shirt designs. Also it would be cool if you could somehow view your t-shirt designs bigger since some of them are really detailed. Good job though!!! :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
hey Dirtylaundry,
looks good to me. Mind you i'm not a web designer/seo so whatever works you will flow with it and improve the site as you go.....

The page text content is unique.... this may get you some in-bound links and user popularity from what my web-gal friend tells me. :rolleyes:

good job.... sure it can always get better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.