T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , Just joined the forum heard a lot about you guys. I just bought my first heat press 16x20 mighty :D and bought some jetsoft pro for lights but now iI need a cutter I guess one not very expensive . Just to get into the game. Any suggestions I SAW A CRAFT ROBO Is that the only one least expensive are there others with maybe an optical lens ,do we need an optical lens:confused:. :) . Thanks

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
For the "not very expensive" category, I think the USCutter site has a cutter that has an optical eye (Laser Point 24). I don't know how well it works though as I don't have that cutter. You can probably find posts here and in the USCutter forum about that cutter.

The Roland GX-24 does contour cutting, but I don't think I'd put it in the "not very expensive" category. But if you are making a business investment, I'd say it's a good value for the long term. You can read more about that cutter here as well by searching for the cutter name.

Be sure to read through the posts in our Vinyl Cutter section of the forum here (I also moved this question there):
Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers - T-Shirt Forums

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I think to get a good quality cutter with a optical eye you will need to spend around $1500 and maybe a little more and get the GX24 from Roland.We had a member compare many cutters and the GX24 was the easiest to operate and set up for contour cutting. There are times when we need to spend a little more to get quality useful equipment. .... JB

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks everyone. Does the vinyl transfer paper come in sheets or on a roll , if sheets can the us cutter take them . If rolls is it possible just to cut the rolls for the cr.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
The answer is you can buy somre transfer in rolls and some in sheets.I suggest you cut them into the size your going to print. The cutter will accept the paper for trim purposes if it is capable of contour cutting, otherwise you don't need to put it into the cutter. ... JB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts