T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on the better or best systems for bulk pigment ink delivery systems for the Epson 1280 Stylus Pro ??
I have checked out Coastal Business and they are discontinuing their systems, and have looked into Ink Republic and a few others, but if anyone out there is using a system that is running good for them, I would greatly appreciate any input from them.
BTW - Circut City has Epson 1280 Stylus Pro printes on sale for $399.99 with a $100.00 rebate to bring the printer price down to $299.00, plus they are offering a $75.00 gift card for buying the printer too right now - GRAND TOTAL ON PRINTER COST IS $224.99 FOR THE EPSON STYLUS PRO 1280 - ITS THE BEST DEAL I HAVE SEEN ANYWHERE YET.:D :D :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi
Sorry that I can't give advice, I am also sorting this out. I have been looking at a system from www.inksupply.com which looks interesting. Yet, the inks that they recommend for T-shirts are not available for the 1280, so I am trying to learn whether the MagicMix inks could be purchased for use. I also found a place called www.printonadime.com, and they sell systems for a lot less. I am suspicious of such an inexpensive system - does anybody on the forum have experience with them?

Brian
:confused:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ys ... found and interesting system that uses the factory Epson DuraBrite inks from ShopDyeSub.com ... they back up the system with tech support and the system looks pretty good.
Got the unit for $199.99 and 6 - 4oz. bottles of ink for $19.00 per bottle ($114.00) and the maker stated the system has everything you need to get up and running and said it is probably a 15 to 30 minute process to get the bulk system on and set up.
Hopefully it will be a smooth working system, and will keep you all posted ... the price was pretty nice at the low end of the price scale for these systems.:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I went to their site, it looks like the system would work out well. We wanted to do a 1280 or our 2200 (for the larger format) with a bulk pigmented ink system, was getting hard to put that all together. We're ordering today. Let us know how it works for you, we'll do the same.
Brian

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello,

I recently bought the system from ink republic for the 1280 it is a bit pricey but I must say that the system works great once you install it, which is not easy only because of the horrible instructions it came with.

In all fairness they do send a disk with the system but I could not open it for quite a while and when It finally opened it was still a bit hard to follow. They only do e-mails no live person to call and talk too which was very frustrating. I finally got it up and running no thanks to them.

If you are good at installing and setting up these systems then you should have no problem. The system standing alone without the right customers service is still a great system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts