T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been looking into heat presses for t-shirts and I see there are a whole bunch of places such as E-Bay. Are any of those any good? The prices are really great ($220-$350 depending on size) but obviously there are questions about quality, both of the pressing itself and the machine.

Does anyone have any experience buying presses online? Any recommendations of where to buy one if not on E-Bay? Ideally not more than a 3-4 hundred bucks, my budget is really slim right now. I know that eliminates so many options but it's the best I can work with right now :(

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello PRC,

I'm a newbie and kind of in the same situation with the budget. I bought a 15x15 from ProWorld, received it pretty quickly, and so far I am happy with it.

I did purchase a 9x12 swing arm from SignWarehouse and as soon as I unpacked it I realized that the size wouldn't work. I returned that one and ordered the one from ProWorld partly because they are on the preferred vendor list but it also had a lot to do with the price.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had read some bad things about the china ebay presses (mainly on this forum) but decided to take the gamble and get one anyway, it has been working fine. I'm sure the more expensive known brands have a better build quality but for what I need it for I can't really fault it.

One word of warning; Mine came with the wrong plug for my region (UK), I had a cable with the right connection so decided to use it instead, big mistake, the cable wasn't heavy duty enough and after being turned on for about 5 minutes it melted. I'm just glad I was standing next to it as it was heating up so I noticed in time, could have been a lot worse. If you do decide to get a cheap ebay press MAKE SURE YOU USE THE CABLE PROVIDED!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts