T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at getting a new dryer. I looked at some new Hix dryers and they were around $15,000 for one with an air blower and an 8 ft. belt. I have found an older 16' Hix dyer with an air blower for $1500. I am about to jump on this deal and not look back. Is there anything that I could be overlooking that would make this a bad deal? I need a dryer for water-based inks, and I would imagine that is what this dryer was designed for, as there is no reason to have an air blower when drying plastisol. The belt is in good shape. He's going to turn the dryer on for me in the morning tomorrow and make sure that everything is functioning properly, and if it is, I am pretty certain that I am going to purchase it. I know it is a little older, but it is a Hix, and I know that they have good customer service and carry replacement parts, so I don't really see any way that this is a bad deal. Could there be some problems that I am not thinking about?

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have a temperature gun, I will take that to test. Thanks for the advice. Another question, let's assume that a heating unit goes out, does anyone know how much Hix charges for a new one? Likewise for the air blower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.