T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a family reunion coming up with an order of 300 shirts to do the biggest problem I have is I do not yet have a dryer or flash dryer my family Is going to help me out buy paying me $7 bucks a shirt so I will use that money to buy a dryer but as of right now I need to make all 300 shirts with out a dryer I have a 6 color 4 station harco press to do the job and a heat gun :) i been using water base ink but I have not yet experienced with a two color job like this one here so any suggestions on imks is very much appreciated I use waterbase inks for the simple fact that it air drys...I say two colors because I'm only using white and the lighter blue color the dark blue represents NAVY BLUE the color of the shirt...thanks in advance

Attachments

· Registered
154 Posts
I have a family reunion coming up with an order of 300 shirts to do the biggest problem I have is I do not yet have a dryer or flash dryer my family Is going to help me out buy paying me $7 bucks a shirt so I will use that money to buy a dryer but as of right now I need to make all 300 shirts with out a dryer I have a 6 color 4 station harco press to do the job and a heat gun :) i been using water base ink but I have not yet experienced with a two color job like this one here so any suggestions on imks is very much appreciated I use waterbase inks for the simple fact that it air drys...I say two colors because I'm only using white and the lighter blue color the dark blue represents NAVY BLUE the color of the shirt...thanks in advance
i would find a used drier asap! and thank god for water base because at first I thought you were using plastisal ink. Ihave to say I was laughing out loud.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would find a used drier asap! and thank god for water base because at first I thought you were using plastisal ink. Ihave to say I was laughing out loud.
Hahaha I know water base has been my best friend....I been all over craigs list looking for flash dryer at least because I know all I have to do is let it cure the shirt a little longer and its good...rather than paying $1500 for a used conveyor dryer and risk loosing my money if it breaks down on me I rather save up the extra 600 bucks and buy me a brand new conveyor dryer and take the risk on buying a used flash dryer

· Registered
154 Posts
Hahaha I know water base has been my best friend....I been all over craigs list looking for flash dryer at least because I know all I have to do is let it cure the shirt a little longer and its good...rather than paying $1500 for a used conveyor dryer and risk loosing my money if it breaks down on me I rather save up the extra 600 bucks and buy me a brand new conveyor dryer and take the risk on buying a used flash dryer
Flash Dryer Screen Printing Equipment Adjustable Stand - eBay (item 120568013730 end time Aug-07-10 22:04:18 PDT)

· Registered
112 Posts
Here is a simple CHEAP solution for now using plastisol. Get a flexible teflon sheet from Stahl's and an iron.

Print the shirt. Leave on platten. Carefully lay teflon sheet over print. Carefully apply iron at cotton setting. 10 -15 seconds cured. Once cooled stretch print and look for cracking. Print cracks... more iron time.

Start iron light pressure so image doesn't smudge. Once it is "flashed" apply firm pressure. Will look better than good.

Got a friend? Are you married? 300 is alot. You will need help and support. Go for it! GOOD LUCK!

You will learn after a few on what works.

· Registered
154 Posts
I'll print them for nothing if it is a one color. You cover all other costs.

Get a grip Alvin. Times are tough. We need to help each other not f'em over.

We'll have some brats and beer while we do it!

Thank you America!
It is not a one color and why would you do it for free? I think printing his films, making the screens, setting up (in registration) print , flash, print, print and then cure it correctly, fold them, box them and ship them back (as long as its here in the states) for $2.00 a shirt is a cheap *** price. He is still making $5.00 each, -shirt blanks, for making a design.

Sir,You get a grip and keep your beer and brats and your change! If you dont like America dont let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

One more thing F'em him over is telling him to use a teflon sheet, an iron and a "GOOD LUCK", give me a break and what pray he doesn't ruin 300 shirts. :D

· Registered
182 Posts
alvin i agree 2 bucks is a great price and he would really be winning by having at least 600 dollars thats if he pays 3 bucks a shirt which is pretty high for a blank to buy a flash and some supplies maybe even get more refferals from his family after they see the work...

i think out sourcing such a large job with such little resources would be ideal from a business stand point.

· Registered
112 Posts
alvin i agree 2 bucks is a great price and he would really be winning by having at least 600 dollars thats if he pays 3 bucks a shirt which is pretty high for a blank to buy a flash and some supplies maybe even get more refferals from his family after they see the work...

i think out sourcing such a large job with such little resources would be ideal from a business stand point.
Oh. OK the real price on that job is $0.95; plus set-up @ 45 bucks. 300pcs is normal not large by any stretch.

· Registered
7 Posts
Really the answer is you need a flash dryer to start. Should cost about $400 for an entry level one, and if you float this on a credit card for a month you should be ok. If you family is good for the money. I personally would get half up front from my family.

· Registered
112 Posts
Really the answer is you need a flash dryer to start. Should cost about $400 for an entry level one, and if you float this on a credit card for a month you should be ok. If you family is good for the money. I personally would get half up front from my family.
OK here is another way to do it to make sure you have a solid cure. Use the flexible teflon sheet to semi cure/ get a used tranfer machine for 100 bucks and cure them total from there. An needed step as the sheet and the iron work quite well. Some of us survive cause we are willing to do the work. That's all I really know ALVIN.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys I'm located in orange county California I'm think I'm going to buy a entry level flash dryer for $400 and do the work here at my house thanks for the help I appreciate the enthusiasm I will let you guys know how all of this turns out my reunion is on the 7th of august

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.