T-Shirt Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
The fact that it works so reliably and does what it is designed to do pretty flawlessly. The quality of the prints seems to be excellent as well.

Service and support also play into the final costs.

I would rather pay $20,000 for a machine that "just works" and that people always post positive reviews about than half of that for a machine I have to fight with to get working or that produces sub quality prints.

Out of all the things I've heard about all the DTG machines, the Brother consistently gets good reviews with the only caveat being that it doesn't print white ink.

Other printers seem to get more mixed reviews.
Well said
That is why we went with the Brother even though it cost more. great machine, runs non stop, great service (direct2shirt, even though I have never had to use them for any mechanical issues) They are just nice people to work with and i am glad I bought from them

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi ; got into tee shirt printing from my home about 6 mos.ago.
had a used T-Jet 2 and an Omniprint machine. Both were terrible - nothing but trouble.
Got my money back on the last machine and put the extra cash into the Brother 541.

This , in my opinion, is the best out there . No mess . very easy to use ; shows ink cost ; no complicatd software . The tech came and set it up in no time .

Results are fantastic. This machine was designed from the ground up to be a garment printer .
Don't waste your money on anything else- you will be very sorry .
Take it from me ; I learned the hard way .

mistermugsy

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have a Brother GT-541 and love it. It is literally as easy to use as plugging the printer into your computer and pushing the print button. The quality of prints are beautiful. It is very versatile and can increase production easily by being able to take in those smaller orders of multi-color jobs. It is a work-horse with great consistency and reliability.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had mine since 2008 and love it ; mine does not print white but since I am a very small business no big deal

My print heads went bad twice black and yellow and the cost to replace was high- over $1k each

techs in Florida are hard to find when service is needed so chck on serv where you live

quality is superb no complaints from any customers

one more thing ; the machine is a work horse ; meant to be used alot ; not a good idea to let it sit around idle for long periods of time
hope this helps

·
Registered
28 Posts
We bought a GT541 in 2006 and it still runs great and s used every day. I did install the tubing upgrade which makes the black run better.

The only issue with this printer is LARGE areas of black ink tend to band. We resolve this by double printing.

We also have a Kornit 932NDS. Brother and Kornit are the only printers to buy.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts