T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I ask a question to the forum, I always get really good advice and comments so I thought I would again ask the wise ones again.

I am about to launch a website with novelty designs. Along with the novelty designs, I am going to sell some t-shirts with my company name and logo. Sort of a little private collection on the same site. At this moment, I am trying to figure out which t-shirt brand I should use. So I figured I would order some reputable brand t-shirts. I ordered 4 types of Hanes and 2 types of American Appearl t-shirts and printed some proto-types. These brands were a little restricting because they didn't offer certain colors. Before starting the website, I would print shirts for schools, softball teams, bars etc. These oranizations would always want a good quality shirt at low cost so I would turn to Anvil. I like Anvil. Some of my favorite shirts are printed on Anvil. So I thought well hey why not use Anvil. They are a good quality t-shirt at a low price (always good), they have many colors to choose from and I like they way they fit on me. When I look at other websites they say they offer Hanes or FTL. I never heard of any other t-shirt brand being used. After all this babeling, my questions are...does any one use Anvil as their primary t-shirt for their line? Does anyone not recommend them? Do people use them and just not advertise that they do? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
-acme

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Anvils are a little softer than Gildans and have a little different fit. Actually on me they fit similar to, but better than Jerzees. I only own one Jerzee and its comfortable as hell but there is something weird fitting about it - the shirt bunches around the neck. I think the Gildans actually fit me a little better but the Anvils are softer. My wife and kids both prefer Anvil. FOTL are okay, they fit nice and are comfortable but the ones I own haven't held up well. In AA I get a size larger and they fit me very well. I ordered samples of Alternative for my wife and I. She got hers, mine weren't shipped but she loves the heck out of it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
For the market your going after, I would just state 100% cotton 6.2 oz and buy whats on sale. Sometime colors aren't available with one brand or the other so don't limit yourself.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Me personally i prefer Gildan's and AAA. I experienced bad shrinkage with Anvils after the first wash, and the neck tags get all wrinkled and start turning into small balls of paper as well.

·
Administrator
14,176 Posts
For the market your going after, I would just state 100% cotton 6.2 oz and buy whats on sale. Sometime colors aren't available with one brand or the other so don't limit yourself.
Agree 100% You are trying to promote your brand anyway, why mention a brand?

I use Gildan 95% of the time. But if Anvil is on sale.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts