T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
You have some funny designs there!

If you are trying to sell your t-shirts, get rid of all the ads. They will distract people from buying your product. As a customer, it also makes me think that the merchant doesn't have too much faith in their product so they have to rely on outside income.

On the FAQ page, I would just use regular text and a regular side scrollbar instead of that flash thingy.

Other than that, I think I might change around the navigation a bit so that it's more accessible. Maybe move it to the top or left sidebar and list all of your t-shirts there as text links. Right now it's not fluid to go from one t-shirt design to the next (you have to hit the back button, which is sort of against useability).

I think the design images and thumbnails are good. Looks like you have some pictures of people wearing your t-shirts. You might want to use those more on the site (maybe on the front page to draw people in and show you have real product and on the actual product page as an alternate picture).

Good stuff you have there! What methods are you using to advertise/promote your site?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rodney said:
You have some funny designs there!

If you are trying to sell your t-shirts, get rid of all the ads. They will distract people from buying your product. As a customer, it also makes me think that the merchant doesn't have too much faith in their product so they have to rely on outside income.

On the FAQ page, I would just use regular text and a regular side scrollbar instead of that flash thingy.

Other than that, I think I might change around the navigation a bit so that it's more accessible. Maybe move it to the top or left sidebar and list all of your t-shirts there as text links. Right now it's not fluid to go from one t-shirt design to the next (you have to hit the back button, which is sort of against useability).

I think the design images and thumbnails are good. Looks like you have some pictures of people wearing your t-shirts. You might want to use those more on the site (maybe on the front page to draw people in and show you have real product and on the actual product page as an alternate picture).

Good stuff you have there! What methods are you using to advertise/promote your site?
alright I removed the adds and replaced the side adds with a shirt rotator with random links to other shirts I have.

I changed the faq page to just regular text html, as well as changed the top menu from flash to just regular images.

Right now the ways i have for advertising is word of mouth and a few people that I know that have a banner on there myspace page.

I also submitted a shirt to this site and am just waiting for it to be accepted by the admin so it can be in the count down and start getting votes.

I dont have any other options for promoting it at the moment as im low on funds.

·
Registered
282 Posts
It looks clean now, IMO. I agree that it would be nice to see your designs on pictures of actual t-shirts, though.

Out of curiosity, are those "I love my wife" bumper stickers a national phenom? I've seen them here in Texas, so I thought your shirt was pretty funny. Nice one. :)

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Right now the ways i have for advertising is word of mouth and a few people that I know that have a banner on there myspace page.

I also submitted a shirt to this site and am just waiting for it to be accepted by the admin so it can be in the count down and start getting votes.

I dont have any other options for promoting it at the moment as im low on funds.
That's a great start, but you've got to work on getting your website name out there even more if you expect to increase sales. Not all the promotion methods cost money, but you may have to work out some way to budget money for advertising if you want to increase your sales. It's part of running a business.

re those "I love my wife" bumper stickers a national phenom?
I thought his shirts said I love YOUR wife? I hope that's not a national phenom :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright I have made several little changes to the look of the site. If anyone has any more suggestions that would be great, or if you think I missed something that should have been changed as well.

thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
Scott,

still looking clean.

Rodney said:
I thought his shirts said I love YOUR wife? I hope that's not a national phenom :)
His shirt does say I <heart> your wife. :)

I've seen bumper stickers that say "I love my wife/husband" out here in Texas (which I find to be a funny declaration to put on your car... why would you have married her if you didn't love her? I digress) I was asking if the I love my wife/husband stickers are a hit nationally?

To me, it makes his shirt that much more sarcastic. :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I like your site, very nice looking design. One thing I would add is your phone number and address. That would make people more comfortable making a purchase. Plus maybe listing your shipping charges.
Good job, did you design the site yourself?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I've seen bumper stickers that say "I love my wife/husband" out here in Texas (which I find to be a funny declaration to put on your car... why would you have married her if you didn't love her? I digress) I was asking if the I love my wife/husband stickers are a hit nationally?

To me, it makes his shirt that much more sarcastic.
Ahh, I didn't know there was a phenomenon like this. His shirt is probably a parody of this phenom. It *does* make it that much more funny if there are a lot of the opposite worded items out there :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts