T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice Wagner buzz-gun that lays down a nice healthy coat, while simultaneously rattling my medulla oblongata... But I like to work late at night sometimes, when the babes are asleep, and am looking for a hand-pump unit that sprays a "flat fan" pattern like the old Wagner does... Something much quieter, that doesn't sound like a 1930's prison electrocution is happening in the garage...

Am looking at the SOLO Hand Sprayer, but don't see the usefulness in an "O" style spray pattern.. I have tried a few cheapies now and have been disappointed in the coverage they provide. Anybody have experience with a good quiet product?

· Registered
41 Posts
I just bought a 1 Gallon Pump Sprayer from Ace has a fine mist setting that lays down a good layer I spray about 6/8 inches covers the shirt in seconds just wave it up and down left and right.

I also use a very expensive brand of Paint Brush there are 2 or 3 $16-20+ a brush but I then brush all the fibers from top to bottom in straight strokes to get all the fibers saturated and pushed down and going 1 direction.

I also made a t-shirt "jig" that the shirts slip over so it is easy to pre treat the entire shirt or area I need.

· Registered
41 Posts
These hand pump sprayers or the one with the wands are the best thing, simple, you don't need to plug anything in and cleaning is super easy. Also get a Wooster Paintbrush and brush down the shirt it helps a lot with Fibrillation

· Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know they are very convenient. Just need to find one with a Flat Fan pattern...
I used to paint down the fibers before I switched to using Fruit of The Loom HD6 t-shirts. They are by far the flattest tees to print on. I've been using/testing a small paint roller (with a non absorbent plastic roller) to even the PT coverage out. I use IA and it tends to spread out across the shirt pretty fast, which I like.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.