T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am reading on and on and am looking to see what everyone agrees on about the JPSS paper for heat and time as well as the steps taken for optimal results.

I have a R1900 Epson factory Ink, using JPSS paper, and a GEO KNIGHT DK20.

What I am doing right now is:

- press garment for about 7 seconds to smooth out with teflon sheet over

- position JPSS and overlay the teflon sheet

- pressing at 375 for 20 seconds with high pressure

- removing while peeling hot and stretching

Now my question is that I see some are repressing and such with parchment.

Looking to get the optimal results. Please Help.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
You will never go wrong following paper manufacturer's instructions regarding heat and time. Hot peel leaves a matte finish resembling screen printing. It also leaves thinner ink layer for a softer hand. The post pressing with parchment leaves a very slick shiny surface, much like you get peeling cold. It depends on the results you want. God Bless.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I am using a little higher temp. (379) and pressing for 25 sec. with teflon. I also post press with parchment for 10 sec. I use the 1900 also and find standard settings for plain paper to work the best. Make sure your vivid box is unchecked or you will lay down too much ink.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I had a problem using the manufactures instructions, what type of material? it works better on 50/50 than 100% cotton. The factory rep called me and said that on 100% cotton to press at 375, high pressure for 30 sec and then wait about 15 sec before peeling it off. and it works better before it was pulling some of the ink off when I hot peeled it. He said you can even peel it cold. Because of the fibers in the cotton that you have to wait and not hot peel.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I wait a minute or so for it to cool a little and peel (warm?) Make sure you pre press to take out any moisture. I use mostly 100% cotton (Glidan) with no problems. Seems like a little more labor but the results are worth it for my customers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the input. I really appreciate that you all took the time to reply so that a noob could stop getting frustrated.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Don't get frustrated. You only get older before your time. Take it slow and if you need any information, there is always someone here that has the answer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so I have a Roland GX-24, DK20 Auto, Epson v600, and Epson R1900. Now what? I bought everything new but good deal. Looking to start some sort of business but not sure what. Not looking for ideas that would somehow step on anyone elses toes but what am I capable of with this equipment?

So far did some vinyl for lettering works great, did some 3g opaque on darks with printer, cutter, and press worked good, the JPSS and such am not all that impressed with. I am learning that it is common to have these concerns. I am not keen on the residue left on light transfers with jpss. Any fix? Anyone using the Alpha Double Green paper. I heard you can contour cut it but not sure how. Can you contour cut and weed jpss. Tried myself without success.

·
Registered
996 Posts
JPSS for lights should not have to be cut. You can cut with sissors close and be ok. If you get a residue, it will go with first wash. I am impressed that you did good with the 3G. More people have problems with darks than lights. I press JPSS using teflon and post press with parchment. Works for me. Where you go from here depends on your business plan. Think about where you want to sell your product and push for that. It's not going to come to you, you have to go after it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
JPSS you can trim close to design, I'm not crazy about the marks around the image either, but it's either that or screenprint or DTG. for darks using jet opaque unless design is a box you do have to contour cut with your plotter. Thats a whole lesson in itself. Every plotter and software is different, so you have to get instructions from Roland not sure if you plotter can do it, I think it can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts