T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Best bet is to get an older LEGAL version and then upgrade - upgrade from qualifying product is $160 I think and you can get V9 for under $50 so about $200 you have full X3 with books and "extra's"

·
Registered
182 Posts
The academic version isnt that bad... no you may not get the books, bells & whistles but you you should get the Help in the Help button & Hints docker.

If you're already familar with Draw, then save a few bucks and do it. if ya want to use any of their cliparts then go the ebay v9 way and get the upgrade as Triple C says.

·
Registered
950 Posts
You also cannot upgrade from an academic version or get tech support according to their website.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
why cheap out the company who's product will ultimately make you a number way more than what the program initially costs. That is money taken away from development of new tools and fixes for bugs.

Do you cheat your clients with cheap t-shirts?

I have ade thousands and tousands of dollars off art I used Corel to create. my initial purchase of corel way back when was around $500 and the normal upgrade every version. I can truely complain when the program doesnt meet my needs.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I agree with you Fluid, you do get a lot for your money with the Full Retail version. Anyone thinking about buying CorelDraw X3 should remember that you do not have to pay full retail to get the full retail version. Be careful when shopping online for this, because almost every seller claims they are selling the Full Version in big bold letters and it's not the upgrade, but in fact they are selling the Full Academic version and not the retail version. Please read all the fine print in their offer and make sure it's the Retail version if that is what you want.

The only thing I disagree on a little is that your not really cheating Corel because they sell the academic versions too. You are probably cheating yourself more than anything. The retail version also comes with a lot of good clip art and fonts and some great manuals too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts